Billy Hell

Jls Leather .45 Glock Paddle

I made a paddle OWB holster for my friends .45 Glock. The problem was he lives in Ohio. I finished the holster and sent it to him.

We jumped on Google Hangout and I explained how to bag the gun, wet the leather and form it.

Turned out great!!

Big thanks to JLS for the pattern and helping me learn to tool!

http://www.jlsleather.com/

post-37910-0-41792900-1445468240_thumb.j

post-37910-0-89585400-1445468290_thumb.j

post-37910-0-08530200-1445468295_thumb.j

post-37910-0-54648800-1445468299_thumb.j

I helped somebody?!#$R!@!! Cool :cheers:

Friend,

That is a fine holster.

I question why someone will buy a Polymer Framed, Boxy and Ugly Pistol and then invest in a Fine Holster to carry the GLOB*in.

Kinda like putting a Silk Dress and a nice String of Pearls on a Pig...

…..RVM45

*Gun Like OBject

Edited by RVM45

Friend,

That is a fine holster.

I question why someone will buy a Polymer Framed, Boxy and Ugly Pistol and then invest in a Fine Holster to carry the GLOB*in.

Kinda like putting a Silk Dress and a nice String of Pearls on a Pig...

…..RVM45

*Gun Like OBject

Wow...really its not your gun so you don't need to be rude about a persons choice of what they carry. As far as I am concerned you could carry a hi point or a raven 25 auto as long as you are exercising your 2A rights. Its up to you if you want to be an internet outlaw and belittle other people but I think its uncapped for.

Seriously, RVM45, is this the year 1990, and I missed it?

Nearly every major handgun manufacturer has copied in some way the technology Glock pioneered: the trigger safety, the striker firing, or the polymer frame.

Here's a list of some of the manufacturers that have copied one or more of those innovations:

Smith & Wesson, Sig Sauer, H&K, Springfield Armory, Taurus, FN / Browning, Beretta, Ruger, CZ

Even Kimber copied the striker firing mechanism for the Solo- they sill haven't made anything polymer framed yet.

The only real argument against the Glock is that it is an ugly box shape. Possibly, you can argue that on some, the grip is uncomfortable and too square or large- which they have really remedied in the Gen 4.

Calling the Glock a gun like object means that you consider the other highest selling models on the market for the past 10-15 years to be not guns either.

If you are that stuck in the past, why are you even on the internet?

Edited by byggyns

Leather at work...

post-37910-0-58065400-1446150192_thumb.j

Nice, but now he neeza belta match!

That came out great.

Holster looks good, and that was an innovative way to solve the forming issue. I've made a holster from JLS's patterns, and I've made many patterns myself. It was a nice break to make a holster from pattern & have the stitch lines be spot on the first try.

Just one small thing: you referred to the holster as a "paddle". Perhaps you meant pancake? I'm not trying to be overly critical, just want to help you understand there is difference.

Ahhh, yes, my bad - pancake.

I should have been able to tell you knew the difference from your high skill level.

Very nice work