Sign in to follow this  
ocean

?! 206Rb-5 Consew Feet Are Longer Then Standard? ?

Just got another 206rb5 that is couple years old, and also just did a first project on the brand new one that I got earlier. And there is a problem. The standard feet that I got from different sources for welt, zippers and other things the middle foot is about 1/16 longer then the ones that came with the machines. This causes the material to jerk forward each time the middle foot lands, because it is longer and lands a bit early while bottom feeder still returning to the front position. Anyone heard about it? Any solutions?

Aloha.

Is it LONGER, or is it simply hitting SOONER?

http://www.consew.com/Files/112347/InstructionManuals/206RB-5.pdf

It is actually longer, I have measured - 1/16" longer. All of the feet that I got are longer then originals. On both machines. I can see how some people would think it is just a walking foot vibration, but it is clearly visible that it pushes fabric back and makes work difficult. It took me time to figure out that the reverse motion is because the foot landing sooner, and it took me even more time to figure out that standard feet are longer and because of that are closer to the bottom feeder and thus hitting it sooner. There is no backwards jerking when working with original foot. And this is happening on both machines new and 2 years old. I have looked at the above manual long and hard and I am toying with idea to adjust the position of the middle foot, but I want to hear what experts would say first. Both machines work great with the original foot, they should not need the adjustment.

Well, before the experts arrive, you might check WHERE they are longer. If they are longer from the mounting screw down, that's a problem. If the extra length is at the top, that shouldn't be a concern.

But I agree -- I wouldn't alter the machine to suit some different feet - if it runs fine with the "originals". I used to have one of those machines, and it ran quite well for quite a while. When I sold it, it was just for the floor space, still ran great. In fact, I consider getting rid of it a mistake, which I'm blaming the wife for (if she would have leased me a bigger shop, I'd have room for more ;) )

The middle alternating foot is longer from the very top edge to the very bottom. It sets on the top edge and it makes the whole part longer..

And the problem is that ALL of the feet that we have are different size from that one original foot that is on the machine. And they are all the same size between each other.

File it off till its the same size.

OK!! Problem solved. According to above manual alternating foot height need to be adjusted if the foot is longer. It is actually anticipated! And yes, the feet can come slightly different length. Anyway to adjust when the foot lands on the bottom feeder - lower the foot lever, rotate by feet to the desired position (where it is prematurely landing) and while holding the alternating foot release the nut on the back top of the machine. Now adjust the height of the foot by moving it by hand little bit higher and then tighten back the nut on the top.

Everything works! Consew 206rb-5 long foot adjustment. See attached picture with which nut to release.

feet_sewing_adjust_20151022_132620_resiz

Thanks

Bob Stelmack