zoomer56

Thread Binding Techsew 2700

Received a Techies 2700 yesterday, yay. Ron set it up for 138 size thread and 135x17 22 needle. He left a roll of the white thread up top and I sewed it all up with no problems. I changed to black bonded polyester size 138 thread (although my thread seemed almost half the size left in the machine). I threaded and installed bobbin also with same black thread. Worked fine. Now not. When I sew some, put needle at top, raise the foot and pull the work out a nest is attached. I rebobbined and watched the first cycle that should pull up the bobbin thread. See pic, the cycle is almost done and you can see that two pieces of thread will get bound in that small opening between hook assembly and dog holder. So I started over, this time threading the bobbin thread under the dog holder. This time the top thread comes around and only the one thread has to squeeeeeze between hook assembly and dog holder. Seems ok. Now, with cover off so I can watch the action all seems to be ok and sewing looks good. With the cover on, it seems like the looping action of the top thread is now binding on that little gap between hook assembly and dog holder. Maybe the cover is causing the thread to get tweaked enough that it may be twisted an has a hard time getting through that gap to complete the cycle.

The video on Techsew website is it at just the wrong angle and does not show the bobbin thread going thru that gap on the left side. Should it?

Should it be hard for the thread to get through that gap?

Can thread twist with cover on making it hard to get through that gap?

Ideas . . .

thank you,

Robert

post-43496-0-32524700-1445730372_thumb.j

post-43496-0-11837700-1445730373_thumb.j

Be one with your machine.

This is my first machine. I like it.

I believe thread size 138 is probably the limit for the bobbin. I have only layed down about 50 lines of thread but have gained a good feel for the machine.

The gap between the hook assembly and dog house is just enough for thread size 138 but is a tight squeeze. I have also figured out how to load the bobbin an pull the bobbin thread through to the top. It requires me to thread the bobbin thread under the gap instead of trying to pull it through with a tug.

So all is sewing just fine now.

How easy is it for you to pull your leather off machine when you're finished sewing ? My tension release does not work when I have the pressserfoot up . I was wondering if anybody else with same machine had same problem. I windup rethreading the machine all the time because I have to cut the thread close in order to remove project.

Reach up by the take up leaver and pull some slack in your tread then cut your thread and you wont have to rethread.

Reach up by the take up leaver and pull some slack in your tread then cut your thread and you wont have to rethread.

THis is how I have to work my Consew

The 2700 has a tension release pin. You should not have to pull the top thread by hand, unless the beehive spring is set too tight and the links can't compress. If the spring is that tight, back it off until the disks are able to separate. Then back off the bobbin spring tension to balance the knots.

Looking at the top disks you can see some action (tension release) as the presser foot is lifted up. I am able to pull the material out. It is not without some tension but acceptable.

First project for new machine. This is a seat back for a sport car.

post-43496-0-60565900-1446418333_thumb.j

Nice seat!

Excellent seat. Is there a trick to running all those long a parallel stitch lines?

Thanks for the compliments. The key is first practice on a throw away piece to determine the process. The resulting conclusion . . . draw the lines on the back which has a layer of batting glued to it. For the seams I learned where the foot should be aligned. Then, do them all the same.

How easy is it for you to pull your leather off machine when you're finished sewing ? My tension release does not work when I have the pressserfoot up . I was wondering if anybody else with same machine had same problem. I windup rethreading the machine all the time because I have to cut the thread close in order to remove project.

have you solved it?

There are several reason why the tension would not release.

1.) The long tension release pin(#20) (goes from from to back inside the machine) is missing. Thats almost impossible but you never know.

2.) The tiny pin (#11) inside the tension unit is missing (pushes against the small bar on the top disc which is installed right behind the tension spring)

3.) The tension unit is not properly installed. It is held by 2 screws one on he front side on the upper end and one thats secures the tension units pin (#21) inside the machine housing. You find the screw (#22) downright inside the machine housing. Its a small one and you may not see it at the 1st look. Loosen both screws and push the tension unit towards the machine housing and tighten both screws. You probably have to readjust the thread regulator spring but that should be mentioned in the machine manual.

4.) In case it all does not help and both pins are present you can slightly adjust the small bar on the release disc (#13) with a screw driver and hammer. Remove the disc and tap the small bar slightly inwards. Not too far otherwise you have a permanent tension release.

post-31854-0-80239100-1446446291_thumb.j

Edited by Constabulary

The tension should release a bit when you raise the presser foot with the pedal. Also you can pull some slack from the top before pulling the leather out. Another trick is to rock the handwheel back and forth while pulling the material out from the machine - be careful not to pull too hard because you'll risk bending the needle.

Ron

Edited by Techsew Ron

The tension should release a bit when you raise the presser foot with the pedal. Also you can pull some slack from the top before pulling the leather out. Another trick is to rock the handwheel back and forth while pulling the material out from the machine - be careful not to pull too hard because you'll risk bending the needle.

Ron

I seem to have the ability to take my foot off the pedal of any machine right before the loop thread lets go in the bobbin area most times. I always need to wheel it just a little to release the thread. I am in the habit of slowly turning the handwheel 1/4 turn as i pull out the work with my right hand every time now.

Tension release only happens slightly when raising pressure foot. Upon looking I can see that the pin #20 from diagram above does not do what it supposed to do to release the disks. I understand what constubalary is describing. I can put my finger behind the plate #10 and push the lever forward and make it work manually but it doesn't when using the foot pedal or when completely raising the pressure foot. I need something to make that long tension pin 20 push out more . I will try to figure out what constubalary is saying to do because it seems he is right on track to what the problem is.

have you solved it?

There are several reason why the tension would not release.

1.) The long tension release pin(#20) (goes from from to back inside the machine) is missing. Thats almost impossible but you never know.

2.) The tiny pin (#11) inside the tension unit is missing (pushes against the small bar on the top disc which is installed right behind the tension spring)

3.) The tension unit is not properly installed. It is held by 2 screws one on he front side on the upper end and one thats secures the tension units pin (#21) inside the machine housing. You find the screw (#22) downright inside the machine housing. Its a small one and you may not see it at the 1st look. Loosen both screws and push the tension unit towards the machine housing and tighten both screws. You probably have to readjust the thread regulator spring but that should be mentioned in the machine manual.

4.) In case it all does not help and both pins are present you can slightly adjust the small bar on the release disc (#13) with a screw driver and hammer. Remove the disc and tap the small bar slightly inwards. Not too far otherwise you have a permanent tension release.

fasn8ya,

I believe I have the exact same problem on my machine. I had concluded the pin was too short, and wouldn't push the plates apart. Let me know if you have success, and next time I am near my machine, which will be a few weeks, I'll see if I can coax any more out of mine as well.

YinTx

On some machines you can loosen a set screw and push the tension assembly deeper into the machine.

There's a flat tension release lever on the back of the tension hold on w/2 screws(it's what pushes on the pin),you can bend it towards the pin to eliminate the gap in the pin,then the discs will open.You need alittle gap between the pin & this lever or it'll hold the tension discs open & you'll get no tension.

fasn8ya,

I believe I have the exact same problem on my machine. I had concluded the pin was too short, and wouldn't push the plates apart. Let me know if you have success, and next time I am near my machine, which will be a few weeks, I'll see if I can coax any more out of mine as well.

YinTx

no success yet yin tx. i wish could bend the lever that cowboy bob is suggesting but the screws are on soo tight i can't move them.

Ron, hmm , , , , I wonder, what do you think about installing a pin that is longer? Would this be a viable retrofit?

I know if i wanted to make mine longer one way I may do it is to epoxy a finishing nail alongside of the too short pin, sticking out more....

fasn8ya, my Pfaff 335 didn't have a pin, it has a manual lever to release thread tension. On the advice of a member I removed the tensioning unit and lo and behold, there was a hole behind it for a pin. I found a suitable piece of rod that fitted the hole and by operating the foot lift lever I could work out how long the rod needed to be, cut it to length and I then had automatic tension release. Might be worth having a look if you can remove the tensioner (one screw on mine is all that held the plate on).