Sign in to follow this  
mattsh

Recent Projects

Have not had time to post in quite a while. Plus many other projects i.e. honey-do projects. Here are the latest holsters completed.

post-5907-0-84239400-1445741877_thumb.jp

post-5907-0-07365700-1445741898_thumb.jp

post-5907-0-95359200-1445741917_thumb.jp

post-5907-0-35356400-1445741946_thumb.jp

post-5907-0-38900800-1445741962_thumb.jp

Very Nice...I like both!

That shoulder-chest rig took a lot of leather. To give it strength and rigidity because of the open top I had 8oz double shoulder on the outside and 6 oz horse on the inside with a 3/8 thick welt that was 1" wide the full length of the bottom edge to help hold the body of the holster open. It was a challenging project. Then to add to it the guy I was making it for lost about 30 lbs while I was making it so I had to re-adjust the chest belt for the 4 inches he lost around the chest. Overall I was pleased with the outcome and quite honestly once the chest and shoulder straps were set the rig was really comfortable and the weight of the gun was not even noticable.

If it is difficult to tell in the pictures, that second holster, for the Sig is like an Avenger style with an outside layer stitched in place to make an IWB style holster. The natural opening of the wrap around Avenger style lends itself to being a great IWB style due to ease of reholstering.