Constabulary

Adler 69 / Pfaff 335 Binder Options

Yet I haven´t worked with either machine so I don´t know much about the internal technical details. I know there are dedicated synchronized binder machines of either type.

My question is if it possible to convert lets say an Adler 69-373 (or Pfaff 335 equivalent) into synchronized binder machine? I mean do all the machines factorywise already have the synchronizer mechanism thats is probably just covered by the arm cover?

Or with other words - can I remove the plain arm cover and replace it with this cover

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/KHB69-ARM-COVER-FOR-BINDING-ADLER-69

and have a synchronized binder machine? I just don´t know and don´t want to waste money.

While the Pfaff has the "synchronizer mechanism" fitted as part of the machine, besides the plate you listed you also need a fitting that screws on the end of the plate to actually turn/fold the binding tape, different shaped inner/outer feet, different needle plate and a different feed dog.

On my Mitsubishi CU-865, which seems to have a copy of the 335 arm, the main difference in the synch cover and the stationary cover seems to be whether there is a hole for the part numbered 339 (on my attachment), which is driven by the motion of 338, or whether this hole is actually a stop milled slot which does not penetrate the plate (milled on the on underside only) with clearance for 338 to move freely without engaging plate 316.

post-46726-0-26090800-1445769366_thumb.j

-DC

In terms of Kwok Hing parts the items you'll need for the Adler 69 is the KA-69 (aka KHB-69) arm cover you were looking at, plus the KP-269F binder foot set, plus the KH-69F needle plate and feed dog.

The Pfaff 335 binding setup has corresponding Pfaff versions of the same parts to turn it into a binding machine. I had the Pfaff 335 binding setup once, so I have a picture of it:

post-56402-0-09993900-1445826522_thumb.j

Pfaff actually has a document that shows which parts go with which subclass. The 6/01 is the normal setup, the 17/01 is the binding setup:

Pfaff 335 Subclass parts.pdf

Binders (tape folders) for various tape sizes are extra and somewhat interchangeable/universal:

post-56402-0-77787100-1445827661_thumb.j

Edited by Uwe

I went just the opposite- Mine had the synch plate as standard, but none of the binder parts/accessories. It has the typical Singer 111 style walking foot presser feet, and a nice (for my projects) aggressive serrated feed dog, which moves things right along. I actually wanted the smooth "plain" arm cover, since I am using it inside of bags/pouches at angles it will just barely make....so I made one today. We weren't doing any light gold hammertone powdercoat on my shift, so I went with the textured white. I am keeping a couple of the aluminium covers blanked out for whenever we run a more interesting color.

post-46726-0-71919100-1445981828_thumb.j

-DC

SARK9: Nice and simple - I like it! I'd love to see what your hammertone powdercoat looks like. None of the ones I've seen come even close to the original Adler texture.

Very neat! A lot neater than mine, but then my machine has been well used, so what I made suits it :rolleyes: .