Bindlund

Dyeing Veg Tan For My Leather Box

post-66853-0-67510100-1446239337_thumb.jI bought a fine mist sprayer to apply the eco-flo water stain to my veg tan. The fine mist sprayer is inconsistent in its spraying pattern. some build up in spots, more so than others in the spray pattern. Plus using the fine mist sprayer your arm gets tired especially doing a large piece because you have to constantly squeeze the trigger. anyhow, i finished spraying it, ran out of dye, 3/4 way through the project, so I wiped the dye in one motion, now I have streaks. Anyway to fix this? Products? Process? In the photo shown is what it looks like now, with dye and the box pattern flattened out

I finally broke down and bought a nice air brush to spray on finishes on leather.

I only way I know to fix your problem is get more dye apply enough to get an even color. This will make it considerably darker.

That color effect may not be what you were looking for originally, but it's kinda cool as-is. Maybe just go with it?

The best advice I've ever seen for applying dye with an airbrush or sprayer is to thin it out and apply several light coats until you reach the color you want rather than a single application.

That color effect may not be what you were looking for originally, but it's kinda cool as-is. Maybe just go with it?

The best advice I've ever seen for applying dye with an airbrush or sprayer is to thin it out and apply several light coats until you reach the color you want rather than a single application.

This is the only way I know how to get an even finish that isn't dark using dye.

Thanks you guys.

Turns out Eco-Flow water based isn't the best stuff.

I re-sprayed with fiebings dark brown oil based and looks much more even.

Thanks for the tips and tricks guys, definitely good advice to store away for next time

Thanks you guys.

Turns out Eco-Flow water based isn't the best stuff.

I re-sprayed with fiebings dark brown oil based and looks much more even.

Thanks for the tips and tricks guys, definitely good advice to store away for next time

Most of the Tandy brand stuff is pretty bad, in my opinion.