gaseousclay

Easy Project I Can Do For My 2.5 Yo

I have yet to start learning leather working, but looking ahead i was think of easy to make projects i could make for my 2.5 yo once i get the basics down. I originally thought it would be cool (and fun) to make a pint sized tool belt with his name on it, but then i started to think that was a little too advanced and that i was jumping ahead.

Can any of you think of any cool and easy to make leather goods a beginner could do?

Do not be afraid to challenge yourself! You can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

Edited by Bonecross

Small steps, then big ones.

If you have any scraps of leather, you can buy bags of them, practice "stuff" on them. When you begin thinking that is for the birds, make a key fob, wrist strap, etc.

The first thing I tried many years ago was a wallet. I kept it for a long time just to remind me of how bad I really was. LOL

ferg

Edited by 50 years leather

I'm going to be selling dog collar kits soon for people who want to make a collar for their dogs with their kids, or on their own. They will be easy to do but high quality parts. I don't have any kits yet but they will contain everything you need including the holes clicked out, buckle sets or brass buckle and D, and the chicago screws to put them together. I was researching these to come up with a price point and found out that Springfield Leather Company has collar kits you can buy, along with other kits if you don't have a dog. Also Tandy has kits and although the including things aren't all that great, they are a great way to learn how to do something before you jump in the deep end. I hope this information helps. I think kits are a great way to start out. Cheryl