Bought a Canik TP9SA [9mm] to retire an old but faithful companion. Since the firearm is relatively new, there aren't many options for a replacement [of the manufacturer-supplied] Kydex holster...which I don't like....so I made one. I guess it's done, nothing fancy but serviceable nonetheless...

DSC_0261_zpspkxdtrwv.jpg

DSC_0262_zpsnzueb5rn.jpg

DSC_0266_zpsnbah5pgu.jpg

DSC_0268_zpscozxhlhj.jpg

DSC_0264_zpskrweabya.jpg

DSC_0272_zpsiesyonhx.jpg

DSC_0286_zps3scfujpw.jpg

DSC_0299_zps33hfxa3g.jpg

DSC_0302_zpsswrrmoxw.jpg

DSC_0301_zpslim5t68h.jpg

Surprisingly it's easy to draw...primarily because I made the 'cut out' from the ejection port, back. Retention is really good...shaking the holster with the firearm in it yields no movement and it's intentionally high-ride to prevent the muzzle from showing under a tee shirt [my wife's major gripe when we go out].

Materials used:

Tandy Leather 14oz tooling leather

X-Acto knife

Fiebing's Dark Brown oil stain

Fiebing's Brown Edge Coat

Tarred Bank Line [as thread], pair of needles [hand sewn]

Tacky Glue

Dremel [to drill the stitch holes]. The awl/punch was providing too big a hole for such a thick project.

It's an interesting design, do you like having the spare magazine on the same side as the firearm? I keep my spares on the off side which for me would be my left, that may magazine changes are all done without having to change my grip on the gun. The advantag to your design is it's all in one neat package but I'm wondering about those reloads and how inconvenient it might be.

Stu

Stu...yes, I prefer my magazines on the same side...even when I carry them in a separate holster/holder. I carry my handcuffs on the [weak] other side so I can manipulate the cuffs with one hand while still in control of the firearm with the strong side hand. If I need a magazine change, I'm not exactly in a position to handcuff someone [yet] LOL.

I can easily reach the magazine with my weak hand by reaching around the small of my back.