I just ran across new Consew machine p1206RB it seams to have the same capability as 206RB-5 with the same type of feet but for $950 vs. $1250 for 206RB-5 with the table and servo motor, I like that it has built in bobbin winder. Anybody tried them? Are they OK to work with leather? I found in my area they are sold by Vasey upholstery: http://vupholstery.com/wa/p1206rb.asp , anybody have experience with this guys? Is there anybody else selling these machines in Seattle area?

Thanks.

I have one and I like it. got mine from Toledo Ind. sewing machine. I have used it with 207 thread clear down to domestic sewing thread. Mine will sew a good full 3/8 inch of firm leather. Bobbin winder works great. reverse into the same holes. I did have to deburr the outer foot and hole in the needle plate but I do that to every machine I get. I have a bad habit of not taking the work out the back so it frays the thread when I pull it to the side.

Cool, I want it for leather work. Did you have to assemble it yourself or it came assembled? I have feet for Consew 206RB-5 machines and this one suppose to use the same feet. I really like this style of walking foot with feet directly behind each other, the other ones that have feet next to each other side to side do not feel right. I had old Chandler machine with the other style feet side by side, and some larger welt feet was simply not available because of that style of the feet, and it seams this type of feet is the most available with Juki and other brands using them on their machines.