Here is my first shaving kit or actually kit of any kind. I made it for a friend who couldn't find anything decent way up here. I never realized how much stiching there was to this, and I can tell you my pinkies are real sore. Also I realize I now need a good pricking iron and a better awl. It's out of Al Stohlman's book. I used this new tape to hold it together instead of glue, but found it gummed up the awl and needles. Anyone else ever used it? It was convienient, but I think I will go back to good old contact cement. Next one will be laced. :)

post-37639-0-89187100-1447616780_thumb.j

post-37639-0-18104700-1447616811_thumb.j

post-37639-0-89183400-1447616824_thumb.j

Nice job! If your pinkies get sore, you can always use leather sleeves on them. I use them if doing anything larger than say a watch strap.

BTW, I love the double-sided tape Tandy sells, use it and don't have issues.

Thanks Tugadude, I think I may have the wrong tape, I will try the Tandy stuff. Do you use the permanent type or the repositional type?

Nicely done!

Thanks Tugadude, I think I may have the wrong tape, I will try the Tandy stuff. Do you use the permanent type or the repositional type?

Permanent type

Very nicely done.

It's 4 oz. Seems just right. I got it at the Tandy store in Edmonton.

Nice looking, Bigfoote. New awl, you say? I make them. Will send you a PM, if interested.

venator, no I live in the Great White North, NWT, and it is white again today with a fresh 8 inches on top of the 14 inches we already had. My closest store is Edmonton for leather so I get them to put stuff aside for me, then when I go down or one of my neighbors goes down they pick it up for me. Shipping up here is way out of line. Any way hope you like Toronto, at least you will have a bigger market.

Very nice.

If stitchin's makin' your pinkies sore, that just means you need to do more stitchin'.

Build up some nice pinkie calluses.

Thanks snubbyfan I do need to do a lot more. I checked out a couple of your videos, really like your stiching one. I always like to see someone doing it different than the traditional way. As long as it looks good it's ok in my book. I don't awl all the holes at once, but I do around five or six at a time. Not coordinated enough to hold awl and needles and pliers at the same time. :blush: You need a stiching pony, they are awesome.

Nice work!

Thank you Monica, that means a lot coming from someone who does some amazing stiching.

I like your shaving kit,

While in the military, Ours were a spring fold down top design,

and could come open at will, spilling your contents.

and ours were only made from imitation materials,

Yours is a nice kit, utilizing really nice materials. --- Wild Bill46