Katariina

Whats Wrong, Stitching Looks Crappy!

its been going on all along! When ever I have to back stitch the back side of my work looks like this!! So frustrating! What should I do!

Edited by Katariina

Couldn't get pick attached, file seems too big? But any way, the back side of work looks like a birds nest! when going forward everything's ok. Any suggestions?

We're speaking about a sewing machine, right? Should have asked this in the chat this morning. The right man was in the room then. However I guess it would help others to help you if they would know what kind of machine you are using and what your settings are. To me it sounds like a thread tension issue but I'm no sewing machine expert.

Thanks Thor, and too bad is right. I'd suppose it would be a tension problem, even I've worked with my Pfaff for quite a while. it seems like the problem has always been there, or at least for a long time. My leather sewing machine is a 335- H2- 17/01, Pfaff, that's what it says on the front plate. I do know how to fix the tensions up and below, but the problem is that the under thread gets all tangled when I back stitch. When I go forward, the stitch is perfecto! I'll just have to wait for some guru to help me out on this one!

I'm not a machine guru, but......

Could it be thread/needle size? Could the back stitching be making the holes just that bit too small, causing the thread to get stuck underneath. The reduced space may be gripping the thread, and not allowing it to tension properly.

Does the same thing happen when you do a row of reverse stitches only. If you then stitch forward on that row, is it ok, or does it birdnest underneath.

Thanks Lumpen Doodle, I get what your saying about the needle size, I'm going to try with a larger needle! Then I'll check the other thing too! Thanks a million! I'll get back after I've tried!

Hi Katariina, right click your picture,Edit,Resize,Pixels, 50% or less. example when you click on pixels and it shows 3780 then i usually change it to 1780.

Thanks jimi!

Everything's so complicated when working with an I Pad, but I'm downloading an app now :)

:thumbsup: i have some books stacked in front of my 335, i will move them and try to have a look at the backstitch?

post-32832-0-57499800-1447885732_thumb.jpost-32832-0-70054500-1447885473_thumb.jpost-32832-0-46815700-1447885498_thumb.jpost-32832-0-46936200-1447885514_thumb.jpost-32832-0-35680500-1447885528_thumb.jpost-32832-0-87427300-1447885546_thumb.j

Hiya Kat, i have tried with thinner thread and thinner leather 1 then 3mm then changed the thread from thinner to the one in the picture with the same needle 120 and this is the results. if i back stitch for a long length the thinner cheaper thread starts to untwist?? but does not bunch up underneath?? maybe try another type of thread if you have one handy, it might turn out perfecto?? regards jimi.

Edited by jimi

Katariinaaaaa! so what happened with your back stitches in the end? perfecto or no perfecto?

Hola Jimi! I really really haven't even checked that I've got these answers and pictures from you! I've been so busy with one dumb project that I'll have to work on getting my stitch perfetto afterwords! I'm trying to sew on a zipper to a drum case and it's giving me loads of trouble!!

post-67342-0-47294300-1450281923_thumb.j

post-67342-0-32503500-1450281969_thumb.j

:thumbsup: sorry, i will let you got on with your work! looks tricky trying to get it fit right? the old and the new don´t like each other somtimes?? :thumbsup:

I had the same problem with balled up stitches doing a lock stitch on my new Seiko. Shop owner in Yoakum said to lessen bobbin tension. Fixed the problem for me on my machine. Hope it works for you.