JLSleather

Clean That Shop!

Yeah.. gittin some of the stuff cleared out (finally). Every year I clean out, offer some odd lots and left overs and pieces, maybe a few belt straps, to the boys who don't want to buy a whole cow. This year, I'm doing that BEFORE the end of the year inventory (hey, even I can have a good idea every 10 years or so! ;) )

So, here's where the scraps are getting used up ...

post-13153-0-55231300-1447937399_thumb.j

post-13153-0-08292700-1447937390_thumb.j

But that aint the 'show off' part o things. Standard "production work" from old designs I still get asked to do time to time. The COOL thing.. in the process of clearing and cleaning, I found almost a full side of 3/4 oz HO "B" iI forgot I had! :dunno:

Very nice pieces of scrap leather!

Finally a color photo of the Stohlman S&W.357 design, makes me want to try my hands on it myself.

Wish I could carve that well!

OH.. thanks Rudi .. for the comments AND for reminding me that I always give credit where due. I would guess Mr. and Mrs. Stohlman like that people are still making that one!

Incidentally, that book (how to make holsters) lists this as a .357, which covers a LOT of territory! I think 'back in the day' this was intended for the Model 28 N-frame revolver (educated guess only). This one, I 'kicked it in' a bit to suit that 686 L-frame.

Oh, yeah --- I know that isn't a 'matched set'.. the belt went to someone else :blush:

Awesome work there friend!

The tooling around here amazes me, some truly talent people here. Nice work.

Stu

'Preciatecha fellas ;)

One more gal wanting basically that same thing. Woulda been nice ta know that a couple days ago.. ah, well ....

Always enjoy your work JLS ! --- Wild Bill46