I've always kind of considered pocket guns to be mouse guns. I know that's not always the case but it's kind of the way I've always seen them. Not so anymore, a buddy of mine asked about a pocket holster for a Kimber Solo. I didn't know much about the Solo other than it was a 9mm which I wrongly assumed would make it a little big for a pocket gun. I ordered up a bluegun and when it got here I was amazed by how small the thing is. It's actually smaller than my wife's Sig Sauer P232 in .380. So anyway I set about making a pocket holster for it. The pictures are a little deceiving because looking at them your brain says it's a lefty holster but in reality the back piece goes to the outside in your right pocket to break up the outline of the gun. It came out pretty nice, I really like the color (Saddle Tan). The holster fits the gun very nicely without being tight which would hinder your draw. It also stays put in your pocket when you draw. The only issue I have with the whole thing is the fact that with the back piece there you can't get a full firing grip on the gun before drawing. You will have to readjust your grip after drawing the gun. This really is a trade-off concealability for rapid deployment. The gun just about disappears when the holster is dropped in the pocket and really looks like an over sized wallet or cell phone. A really savvy gun guy (or gal) might spot it but 99.9% of the general population will never notice it. Here's the pics:
Front_zpskymgsain.jpg
Back_zps6gmvpoqi.jpg
Top_zps0hnbrx9t.jpg
Toe_zpsuxcrs15s.jpg
Toe%20Fit_zpsku8shbg6.jpg
The holster will stay open in your pocket so reholstering is a snap although you may want to remove the holster first so that the trigger is covered when you stick it in your pocket. Not too shabby for a first attempt, too bad the burnishing on the toe gets all roughed up in the pocket. Need to find a better way to protect that, any ideas?

Stu

That really looks like a good job on that Stu. I make a ton of holsters but have never made a pocket holster. I might have to try one sometime.

Very nice

Thanks guys, I'm going to have to build one for my Model 36. I have a nylon Desantis pocket holster for it but it always looks like I've got a handgun in my pocket so this might be the solution I've been looking for.

Stu

Looks really nice. Good job for the first attempt.

Nice work,

Looks like a great lil pocket holster ! --- Wild Bill46

Looks good.

If you make the back piece a separate piece and only stitch it to the holster at the bottom, it will act as a flap and allow you to get a better grip on the gun when drawing.

Looks good.

If you make the back piece a separate piece and only stitch it to the holster at the bottom, it will act as a flap and allow you to get a better grip on the gun when drawing.

I'll have to try that when I build mine. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Stu