Hi all, I have an Econosew 360JC Walking Foot machine. I'm looking for smooth bottom walking feet to replace the ridged ones I have. I need to be sure they fit. Is there a universal size, brand, type to order? And where? It seems to be hard for me to find any smooth bottom walking feet that aren't for bonding. I sew leather purses and while most of the stitching is on the interior of the bag and I don't care too much if there's light marking some of my stitching is on the exterior so any marking is a no go.

Help?

I'd recommend buying another set like the one you have now and sanding/grinding the teeth off yourself. Probably will be easier and cheaper than trying to find smooth feet for your machine. I think that's what most smooth "leather" feet are...just standard feet the manufacturer has ground down smooth.

I'd recommend buying another set like the one you have now and sanding/grinding the teeth off yourself. Probably will be easier and cheaper than trying to find smooth feet for your machine. I think that's what most smooth "leather" feet are...just standard feet the manufacturer has ground down smooth.

I was afraid that may be the case. How would you recommend I do that myself? I don't have any sanding/grinding machine.

Dremel tool works great, plus you can use it for all sorts of other chores...burnishing edges, etc...

Dremel tool works great, plus you can use it for all sorts of other chores...burnishing edges, etc...

Okay, that's what I was picturing in my mind but couldn't remember the name of. I believe I have one in my tool set. Thanks!

any machine shop or local high school shop could do it for you..... ce

I work in a leather shop and we use a hard rubber covered feed dogs on the bottom

If, and only if, your machine uses feet that resembles these type 111w smooth bottom walking feet, any industrial sewing machine dealer has them.

The other option is to fill up the grooves in your existing foot (or a second factory foot) with jb weld, or some other epoxy putty........Only tool needed is a popsicle stick, and who doesn't like popsicles?

edit: Hot glue might even work for a short time to test it. Crazy glue mixed with sawdust or something would also work as well and is removable with acetone, unlike epoxy.

Edited by TinkerTailor

Actually, the epoxy idea is a good one. Make sure the feet are thoroughly degreased (acetone should be suitable for cleaning) and use a good quality epoxy - JB weld or Devcon. Once it's set it can be shaped and smoothed if necessary.

Might be easier for you than trying to grind off the feet.