Just delivered this case this week. Very happy client

post-48860-0-11637600-1448838907_thumb.jpost-48860-0-07608200-1448838909_thumb.jpost-48860-0-43931300-1448838911_thumb.jpost-48860-0-61799900-1448838913_thumb.jpost-48860-0-95637700-1448838904_thumb.jpost-48860-0-82230700-1448838902_thumb.jpost-48860-0-22623700-1448838916_thumb.jpost-48860-0-89048500-1448838900_thumb.jpost-48860-0-45515800-1448838918_thumb.j

Comments and suggestions welcome. I'm always trying to make these better.

Kai

Completely hand stitched. Custom Brass, American walnut and maple handle, walnut and brass buckles (strap and breifcase). I've used Italian wool for the lining.

post-48860-0-20398000-1448839243_thumb.j

Edited by 5 Spice

That is beautiful. I love the brass and walnut/maple.

I bet you the client was extremely happy to get this! Just stunning!!

Edited by Jon P

Whoa...Very, very Impressive!!!

That is beautiful. I love the brass and walnut/maple.

I bet you the client was extremely happy to get this! Just stunning!!

Whoa...Very, very Impressive!!!

Thanks Guys.

Excellent work!!!

very nice!!

Overall very nice! I love that handle. Well done!

This is a total masterpiece! And that is really some serious stitching and handles!!!! Such great creation friend!

faridz

This is a total masterpiece! And that is really some serious stitching and handles!!!! Such great creation friend!

faridz

Thanks Fardiz.

Here are a couple of other shots of the handle in process

post-48860-0-83421400-1449033642_thumb.j

post-48860-0-66646000-1449033660_thumb.j

Great bag, I like the handle. You asked for suggestions I have a few that I saw.

The gusset of the bag when done the most optimal way is for the gusset to be thinner than the panels. In the 2 ounce to 3 ounce w/ lining, which requires an additional thinner hide that matches the color of the thicker leather.

I have seen the gusset skived at the edges before, it is not the traditional way. The reasoning for thinner gusset is because the front panel of your bag plus the back panel should be flat. The bulge of the gusset seam creates is equally distributed to the gusset and front panel on a bag with equal thickness gusset and panel. A lighter gusset like a 2.5 ounce will give way to the thicker 6 ounce + panel. The bulge will end up in the gusset. The gusset can also be pre folded with a ruler a cm or so just before the edge .

Construction of the gusset usually is an accordian or is like a 3 piece construction.

Great bag, I like the handle. You asked for suggestions I have a few that I saw.

The gusset of the bag when done the most optimal way is for the gusset to be thinner than the panels. In the 2 ounce to 3 ounce w/ lining, which requires an additional thinner hide that matches the color of the thicker leather.

I have seen the gusset skived at the edges before, it is not the traditional way. The reasoning for thinner gusset is because the front panel of your bag plus the back panel should be flat. The bulge of the gusset seam creates is equally distributed to the gusset and front panel on a bag with equal thickness gusset and panel. A lighter gusset like a 2.5 ounce will give way to the thicker 6 ounce + panel. The bulge will end up in the gusset. The gusset can also be pre folded with a ruler a cm or so just before the edge .

Construction of the gusset usually is an accordian or is like a 3 piece construction.

Thanks David L. I have made cases before with thinner gussets and more traditional three piece cases, but I hadn't thought of folding the gusset a cm before the stitched edge. Great idea! Thanks so much for the tips.

Working with bag w/ turned seam and piping it wouldnt be necessary to do this. Generally done with vegetable tan as it can hold shape with just water and folding.

Now I'm impressed...and also going to get back into the shop and do more practice! KUDOS!

This is fantastic. A lot of work and thought has gone into this design.

One of the best that I've seen on here.

Well done

Really beautiful work, Kai.

And just to be vulgar, what did your client have to pay for this beautiful bespoke piece of mastery?

You dont have to reveal the price if you don't want too!!

Now I'm impressed...and also going to get back into the shop and do more practice! KUDOS!

Thanks! Have fun in the shop.

This is fantastic. A lot of work and thought has gone into this design.

One of the best that I've seen on here.

Well done

Thanks 9tpi. That very hight praise. I've used this handle just once before and I really like the way it works. I'm all about trying to work smart and finding the most efficient way to solve a problem. I have a few other structural designs in the works that I'll post up here when I've finished them.

Really beautiful work, Kai.

Thanks Monica. Glad to see you're still hanging around here.

And just to be vulgar, what did your client have to pay for this beautiful bespoke piece of mastery?

You dont have to reveal the price if you don't want too!!

Mrvista, I don't think that question is vulgar at all. It was $1700. Let me know if you're interested and I'll hook you up with one of your own ;)

Beautiful work, I really like the idea of the label it makes the briefcase very personnel to the client. Well done

That is one outstandingly stunning piece of work!! Love everything about it.