ducjes

Commonly Used Leathercraft Conversions [Excel Tool]

I thought I would put this up for other people to use.

I frequently found myself Googling conversions for various things when conducting my business and figured I'd put together a full time Excel tool to have it all in one place to easily access.

What can this tool do?
  • Convert Thickness: Enter in ounces or mm to convert to the opposite metric in decimal and fractions
  • Calculate Square Footage & Pricing: Enter in the length, height, quantity per piece, and pricing per square foot for your project to get a cost of your materials. Ex: Entering $15 per square foot for leather with dimensions of 8.5" x 3.5" for 1 piece shows you that you're using .2066 square feet and $3.10 in leather materials.
  • Convert Currencies: Enter in a quantity and select the currency you're converting from and to. Utilizes current market rates for conversion. Refresh data to update. Ex: 300 EUR to USD = $327.84.
  • Dimension conversion: Convert square feet to square meters or sq. m. to sq. ft. Ex: 20 square feet is equal to 1.86 square meters. Or .29 square meters is equal to 3.12 square feet.

It is nothing earth shattering as all of this can be done quickly with Google, but I found myself doing it enough that it warranted being put in an Excel file that I keep on my Google Drive to access whenever I need to. Hope it helps someone else out!

1i6eouR.png

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE

Thanks Ducjes, looks like it could be real handy, except, in the "Cost of Leather" I get a "#NAME?" error? Any ideas?

Thank you! This might be very useful.

Thank you, this will be useful.

rick