Aerin

Newbie With Sewing Skills Looking To Do Whatever You Need To Learn! Los Angeles

Hi! I'm completely excited about leatherworking and have only found one class here in Los Angeles at SBSTrading. I am free almost all the time, willing to drive (maybe even relocate) for an opportunity to make leather clothing or watch you do it! I will sweep, help customers, whatever you need. I'm a great worker!

I have experience with industrial machines. I made hats in a shop for a year and have sewn for myself and friends. I live in Tujunga and am ideally looking for something in Los Angeles or maybe eventually Portland Oregon? (I own a house in L.A. so a move could take me a little while).

I am taking classes in Fashion and Costuming at a local college.

post-67847-0-96791000-1449336508_thumb.j

I wish I had a big enough shop to house an assistant.

I TOTALLY respect your approach here, as the same approach has never done me wrong.

It is the way it was done for centuries.

I have got many jobs by walking in and saying "Try me for free for a day, If you like me, I'll see you tomorrow. The worst case scenario is you have someone to push a broom for nothing."

I hope someone takes note of your ambition, sees it as an asset and offers you a job from day one.

People who are willing to work for free to learn and to prove themselves make the BEST employees, and should be hired on the spot.

People who are full of themselves and feel they must get paid for every output of energy are never good long term loyal employees

Aerin,

We should talk. My own shop is about 1.5 hours drive from you, but we could meet and I can give you some pointers. I can also put you in touch with some costumers and designers I know in LA, and I have a good friend who has a fashion degree and designs in leather and metals in Portland that I would be happy to introduce you to as well.

Send me a PM so we can set up a meeting.

Cheers,

Logan

Hello Aerin,

I may be interested in a worker you can check out my website or contact me , www.gregallansaddlery.com

I am also on face book under Greg Allan saddlery

The location is in Woodinville Washington not far from Seattle

Greg B

Hello Aerin

I am about 30 min outside Seattle if traffic is good you can contact the shop if you would like to chat, 425 968 5293

Thank you

Greg B