salvisa

Consew 226R Will Only Stay On If I Hold The Start Switch Down.

Hi. Prior to buying my machine (Consew 226R), I did a lot of reading here so I just want to start by saying I really appreciate this forum.

While everything worked just fine when I bought it, and loaded it in my truck, I'm afraid the 100+ miles of driving may have jarred something loose.

Now, whenever I press the START button, the motor accelerates and reaches full RPM w/o any problems. But as soon as I release the button, it starts winding its way back down. So my first thought is it's a switch problem, but before I start fiddling with it, I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks!

Salvisa

I'm taking a wild guess, but I think I've got it.

If you have a 226R, a machine like this is going to have a standard clutch motor. On the control box, when they break, the switch box will not switch to 'ON" and stay on; it will only make contact when being depressed, but will not stay depressed, the way the on button should.

What do to?

Get a new box and replace it with a new one. Normally, when ordering, T75 is for the box only, T75C is the same box, but with wires, as seen in attached pic.

You should be able to find these all over the place on the web.

post-14272-0-88249300-1449589860_thumb.j

Thanks very much! I think you might be right.

I'll have a look and give it a try.

Thanks again,

Salvisa