thunter9

Cylinder Arm

i've been looking for a good reasonably priced cylinder arm compound feed machine ,just the head with reverse . i keep hearing about all these deals everyones talking about. all i ever see are new one's at about 2800 -3000 or can a used one be found for 1500 . and is it difficalt to swap out a cluch motor with a new salvo motor.

+

The answer to your question, is yes. There are used machines out there that will work for decent money. Yes switching out a clutch for a servo is pretty straightforward, that is how they are designed, as a direct replacement.. Buying just the head saves on shipping, but the table has all the pedals and motor mounts already there. Modifying an old table for a cylinder arm isnt that hard if you already have one.

As to which machine, what are you going to sew?

Talk to dealers in your area and see what they have. Phone toledo sewing in, you guessed it, Toledo. Its not that far away (and yes, i know its 2 states away, we learn all 50 states in our schools in Canada, did you learn our provinces?... :blahblahblah: ). They are known to be very good to deal with.

I am lucky I am an hour away from bob at toledo sewing.... great guy he will help you out

Lew

as for the table , i have an adler 30-70 that i'm sewing with 138 on a table it came with , it was gone through after i got it by ralph's in denver . i thought i'd just switch heads till that got old then i'd spring for a nother table . you think. i want to sew with a much heavier thread. i have a pretty good idea what i want . just need to find it. saw the machines that sold at whittmans auction. add the drive and not suure of condition.

Your odds of finding a machine at a good price go up if your'e willing to drive to pick it up

But you have to know what model machine you want

and current new/used pricing

AND be prepared to jump on a decent deal faster than a duck on a June bug

Got a cb3200 for $1200 and a 375 mi round trip off this site

Just got a cb4500 for $1775 and a 1300 mi round trip (one long day driving) off eBay

but by doing the local grocery's ebay gift card/fuel points deal got more free fuel than it took to go pick it up

Seems like sellers just don't want to deal with pack n ship

Your odds of finding a machine at a good price go up if your'e willing to drive to pick it up

But you have to know what model machine you want

and current new/used pricing

AND be prepared to jump on a decent deal faster than a duck on a June bug

Got a cb3200 for $1200 and a 375 mi round trip off this site

Just got a cb4500 for $1775 and a 1300 mi round trip (one long day driving) off eBay

but by doing the local grocery's ebay gift card/fuel points deal got more free fuel than it took to go pick it up

Seems like sellers just don't want to deal with pack n ship

I like your style. That ebay gift card trick is awesome.

sounds like a lot of false hopes i found this i found that deals falling out of the sky lol when i of if I find what i'm looking my tune might change. as for now i've called denver and florida oh we'll get back to you be more than happy to sell you a NEW machine

bob might be but i'm deaf talks like he's turned away from me