Dirtmonkey

Hello From Oklahoma

Hello everyone !

This is a grate site ! This is a new hobby for me at this time and I have a lot to learn. There are some GREAT holster makers in the OKC metro area but I've always wanted to try my own. So...I started with some cheapo Tandy prefab kits just to get my feet wet. Think I have a new obsession !

I'm not a big poster due to my job , which is another reason I wish to make my own stuff. I own the family dozer and backhoe service which means I have no no life ! Translates no time to meet with holster makers during normal hours or I'm out of town.

I served 8 years in the Ok Army Guard. I have always worn a weapon on my side either on duty or on the job site ( 20 years ) so I know the ins and out and pains of carrying a side arm comfortably.

Can't wait to make new friends and learn new things !

Howdy

Perkins not to far from stillwater.

Hey y'all! I'm way down here in big Durant.

I'm totally new to this too, but it is addicting. I've finished 3 holsters (pretty plain...they're in my picture) and I'm working on Holsters 4 & 5 right now as Christmas presents, then I've got a couple of friends, who are already lining up wanting something. Cheap for my friends, and good practice for me. My goal is not really to make any money doing this stuff, but it sure would be nice to have a self-funded hobby.

I'm all in though. I've already put a deposit down on a Cowboy CB3200 sewing machine. Picking it up in a couple of weeks in Dallas. I figure it'll eventually pay for itself...maybe not soon, but some day.

Edited by JoeBLeather