Lymestone Canyon Hoods

Glove Making, Gauntlet Making....need All The Help I Can Get

Guys I make falconry hoods and other accessories for falconry. We make our living with it. I am looking to add hand made falconry gloves and gauntlets to our list of products and I have only ever made one glove. It was years ago and while the design is "OK", it needs refinement. I have a small leather sewing machine but much prefer to hand sew them as that is more in line with our values here. Hand made quality.

I am looking for patterns or possibly help from anyone currently making gloves or having made them in the past. I am looking to make them from elk, American bison, goat skin and possibly other pliable leathers.

Thanks in advance.

Eagle View patterns sells a gloves, gauntlets & mittens pattern. I made it once, I believe by sewing machine and found the pattern piece for the middle two fingers a bit challenging. But it could have been a bit of craftsman error on my part. Taking apart other makers gloves is instructive, and may aide you in your goal. If nothing else, it will show you which styles of glove is best suited to your purpose.