Kulafarmer

What Is The Lightest Material I Can Sew With Cobra Class 4

Curious what the lightest weight leathers are you have sewn with a Cobra class 4 or similar machine, and what needle size, thread etc.

Need to sew piping and covers for chair cushions,

3.5-4 oz?

you need a lighter duty machine. You can do it with yours but it will need a lot of adjustments and a flat table adapter.

you need a lighter duty machine. You can do it with yours but it will need a lot of adjustments and a flat table adapter.

Have a sailrite ultrafeed, was thinking i might use that, way easier on thin stuff, was just curious,,,

Ninety five percent of the adjustment is needed in the top, I seldom change the bobbin tension.

I believe almost every dealer represented on this forum will have a chart for needle and thread sizes, just ask.

Personally, I don't see all that big a problem with stitching 3.5 to 4oz. IF you don't mind spending some time for the new adjustments.

BTW: I have sewn all the things you wish to do on either the cylinder arm or flat bed.

ferg