dfrensdorff

Ferdco Pro 84 ?

Hello All .....

I may have an opportunity to possibly purchase a very nice Ferdco Pro 84......excellent condition etc. $675 ish...I have a Cowboy 3200, and am in the market for a flat bed to compliment the 3200...........I am quite a ways away from this so I would need to elicit the help of friends if it is a good enough deal to purchase. Any and all advise is greatly appreciated......

Don

The 84 is a nice little/medium flat bed walking foot drop feed (no needle feed) that sold complete for $1200 I think. I assume it is complete, stand, motor (hopefully servo), and speed reducer. Always sew the machine off and ask if there are any extra parts, tools, thread, bobbins, instruction books. oil, and maybe a side of chrome tan. Get what you can, but it is an ok price for a complete machine. If it doesn't have a servo or speed reducer, take some money off because by the time you add those you are $300 out. Most of the later Ferdco machines were Taiwanese (Taking) and are very good machines.

Art

Thanks Art .... I will be getting more information and some photos of the motor set-up, and even a video of it sewing....She says it is a clutch motor, but sews slowly.....maybe it has a speed reducer. I will know more tomorrow evening. I am 500 miles away....I'm in the Tahoe area, and she is in Portland....we will see if it works out........Don

@dfrensdorff Did you buy the Ferdco 84? I just bought one and Im trying to find a manual. Were you able to find one?

No .... I ended up with a Juki 1508 .... Sorry