Efka 5G21 Dismantel

Efka 5g21
Engine screaming and I will replace bearings
How do you share engine
I have taken off the pulley and fan but will not disassemble the clutch
You will sketch on parts and manual in German but not service book

post-68921-0-23256800-1452282315_thumb.j

post-68921-0-34999300-1452282329_thumb.j

My opinion - it is not worth the work / the trouble / the time / the money. Better buy a new JACK Servo Motor from College Sewing in the UK (if you don´t need the bells and whistles your EFKA has) or one of the HoHsing motors some members have recommended.

Same with your very old Simanco Motor, I would not repair it except you like the historical motors but be aware - they are decades old and probably not electrically safe anymore.

Edited by Constabulary

My opinion - it is not worth the work / the trouble / the time / the money. Better buy a new JACK Servo Motor from College Sewing in the UK (if you don´t need the bells and whistles your EFKA has) or one of the HoHsing motors some members have recommended.

Same with your very old Simanco Motor, I would not repair it except you like the historical motors but be aware - they are decades old and probably not electrically safe anymore.

Problem with Singer engine solved

Only 65 years and still going strong.

It might just be dust in the fan or a bit of lube needed. Rip it open, clean and lube it and put it back together. That was an expensive well built motor. You pay for good things so they are built to last and service. I think it is well worth trying, Lube is cheap and easy. The bearings are likely replaceable from places like mcmaster-carr.

I looked up a few parts lists for other efka motors and they list what appear to be standard bearing sizes. However do keep in mind if it starts to go south, or major parts are needed, draw the line and bin it.

(edit: it is a 6303ZZ bearing used on all the motors i found breakdowns for.)

Its not that hard to run a new 3 wire grounded cord and ground the metal case of the motor.

Edited by TinkerTailor

What is the model number on the motor?

Here is the parts breakdowns for a few similar motors, if not the same.

http://www.efka.net/en/Produkte/ersatzteile-EN-FKV-motor.htm

they also use 6302ZZ. and 6001.2ZR, also readily available. The 6303 and 6302 are 5 bux each in canada.

Edited by TinkerTailor

+1 Tinker

Motors are so simple. The only real wear is in the bearings.

If you plan to have it down for a few days, definately order some new bearings, dont even bother with lube. Like Tinker says, there just $5 each off Ebay. you might need to have a shop press the old bearing out. The new ones can be tapped in with a hammer. But use a block of wood (like a 2 by 4) between the bearing and your hammer. Just light taps, not one big hit. It'll get in there. Then you'll have a new motor ready for more decades of service.

David

Thanks for the reply
I have a working Brother 727 DB2 which makes me not hurry with efka engine

I have dismantled according to the picture but may not be of more from the shaft
An error that I have not had named is that the decoupled when the rotated with noise but the lamb or seems to be ok

Also missing wheel stitch length according to the picture and something wrong with the locking of the jaw and feeding so it is locked with a plastic band

post-68921-0-94066500-1453846943_thumb.j

post-68921-0-40687600-1453846963_thumb.j