MattW

Stolen Tools

Terrible week,

First day at work of the New Year and we discover that some scum had broken into the shop and made off with over $9000 worth of tools and leather.

Among the missing items are antique stamps and punches along with over $3000 in my personal stamping tools, many of which were custom made by Bob Beard. The stamping tools all had some white tape on them. There were also Barry King, Gomph, Chuck Smith, Baron and Tandy tools in the rack. There were over 70 stamps in all. Hopefully, insurance won’t give us a problem in replacing them but it will take months to replace the Bob Beard tools and I doubt I’ll ever be able to replace the antique ones. I have had to call back customers and tell them that I won’t be able to do the job they want because the stamps are gone.

Keep on the lookout for a collection of 18 Bob Beard Stamps. Two of the ones stolen were designed by me and they will be easy to identify.

The other tools stolen are CS Osborne, Weaver, and custom punches. These tools may have some red paint on them somewhere.

I can’t begin to describe how depressed I’ve been this week.

As is so common here, a location would make all the difference in the world. Are you located in South Africa, France, China? If you are in China, the people in Norway would be wasting their time to keep a look out.

I second what electrathon said. I'm sure ALL of us would love to see you get your tools back but we need an idea as to where they went missing from. Good luck with it. And start checking pawn shops in the area. Things without serial numbers don't get checked by NCIC to see if they are listed as stolen.

Sorry if I sounded like a rectum but this issue is likely my biggest pet leave on this forum. People choose to keep their location in the world secret, but many of their posts relate to Others needing to know their location. I am truly sorry about the theft, I personally hope the guy falls off his bicycle on the way to the pawn shop and gets his head squished by a truck driver who is high on meth.

Sorry if I sounded like a rectum but this issue is likely my biggest pet leave on this forum. People choose to keep their location in the world secret, but many of their posts relate to Others needing to know their location. I am truly sorry about the theft, I personally hope the guy falls off his bicycle on the way to the pawn shop and gets his head squished by a truck driver who is high on meth.

electrathon I at least to NO offense to your reply. After 21 years in law enforcement I'm just use to people being angry and not thinking about the details when something like this happens. I just hope his tools don't get scratched up when they slide down the asphalt after the stinking theif's head pops open under the truck tire.

FYI, Matt is in SoCal, around Palm Springs - Cathedral City area.

Art

Matt,

I sent you a PM, email me when you can.

Art

No offense taken about the location thing. I'm in so Cal as Art said. Here are some pics of missing tool impressions.

post-5346-0-16479800-1452465878_thumb.jp

post-5346-0-92774700-1452466199_thumb.jp

post-5346-0-75861000-1452466235_thumb.jp