Crystal

Flask for the Hubby

Hi All -

The hubby wanted a flask he had covered. I finally got around to it.

I have got to learn how to take better pictures!

Flask11.jpg Flask12b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Crystal

Great job, I love the pattern. Would mind telling where I can get a copy of it?

Regards

Bill Parrie

Crystal...what a great job! Now I can really see what you where struggling with on the small tools we were talking about. But you nailed it! Definitely do some more of this stuff, it's great!Bob

Thanks, Bob! Yeah - I need some tiny tools...lol

Crystal

Great job, I love the pattern. Would mind telling where I can get a copy of it?Regards Bill Parrie

Hi Bill - This is from a book called "Florid Victorian Ornament" plate # 52. I found it on Amazon. I used it the same size as is from the book, but did do some editing.

Crystal

Edited by Crystal

Nice! keep up the good work :notworthy:

I love the way you've used the bar grounder. Fantastic work!!

Thank you, Greybeard and Schno!

The bargrounder got used because it was the smallest thing I had. Not because I have any kind of design sense. :)

Crystal

Holy cow!!!

Wow that is EXCELLENT!!!!

Art

hey crystal very nice work. looks great! Bronc/Bonnie

Well, I GUESS it's ok. I mean it's not a saddle or a holster or anything. That would have been cool.

And what's with the teeny tiny design? Geez, you'd need a magnifying glass to see it. People are going to be staring at your hubby's butt a lot now...

:rofl:

No, really, I love it! I just didn't want ya to get a swollen noggin' or anything. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Brent

Amazing!!

Art

BEAUTIFUL WORK

Dave

Thank you, Art, Bonnie, Dave and Brent!

Crystal,

Great job, How thick is the leather? You said the only glue you used was two sided tape correct? Is that how you got it the form to the back of the flask? I have a few flasks and the flasks are smooth with no edges at the top or bottom to keep the leather on. I will be making some but the leather will have a hole in it so that the engraving on the front of the flask will be seen. Did you wet the leather?

Thanks in advance,

T

Crystal,

Great job, How thick is the leather? You said the only glue you used was two sided tape correct? Is that how you got it the form to the back of the flask? I have a few flasks and the flasks are smooth with no edges at the top or bottom to keep the leather on. I will be making some but the leather will have a hole in it so that the engraving on the front of the flask will be seen. Did you wet the leather?

Thanks in advance,

T

Hi- The leather was probably 4 ounce, if I remember correctly. I did wet it and form it to the flask, put some weights on it and let it dry before finishing. I did use double sided carpet tape to keep it in place after that.

Crystal

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You are amazing! Thanks!

Remarkable.

May I ask which tool you used to do the beveling. What i really liked was the arches. Thick at the top curve and than narrowed

down at the sides.

Joe