tclaridge

Avenger Style With Lizard Inlays, Fnh 5.7

My first crack at an Avenger style holster (thanks JLS Leather for the 1911 pattern which gave me a place to start), and first try with an exotic inlay. The gun is kind of a unique pistol (hard to find a good holster) belonging to my uncle, who asked for a left handed holster. Had a lot of fun trying something besides a traditional pancake design. Thanks to you who have posted about adding inlays-- it was fun to give that a go too (using lizard from the Springfield Leather "grab bag" of scraps). Thanks for looking. Always open to critiques!

Tanner

post-66685-0-67992700-1453138416_thumb.j

post-66685-0-94578000-1453138433_thumb.j

post-66685-0-46350400-1453138447_thumb.j

post-66685-0-23524800-1453138467_thumb.j

post-66685-0-86630800-1453138484_thumb.j

post-66685-0-07632100-1453138663_thumb.j

post-66685-0-45501500-1453139137_thumb.j

Edited by tclaridge

First, though, that's a NICE lookin' rig - right down to the signature.

I'd move that front slot (behind the gun) FORWARD a bit more - leave your belt loop wide as possible, and I might have blocked out those VERY SERIOUS rails, so the holster smoothly rides over them.

Still, that looks GOOD ;) Inlay is well done, colors blend well, stitchin' is tight... well done.

That Is A Really Nice Looking Rig

First, though, that's a NICE lookin' rig - right down to the signature.

I'd move that front slot (behind the gun) FORWARD a bit more - leave your belt loop wide as possible, and I might have blocked out those VERY SERIOUS rails, so the holster smoothly rides over them.

Still, that looks GOOD ;) Inlay is well done, colors blend well, stitchin' is tight... well done.

I appreciate it! I don't know if you are aware, but you're the one I can thank for getting me into this whole mess! I bought a Glock 19, needed a holster, found your pattern, bought some leather... now I'm hooked. I since bought your G43 pattern and made one for a friend. This one is my 5th holster, and I really appreciate you providing some "tracks to run on" for a guy like me getting started. Thanks for your feedback regarding belt loop and slot-- I'll take your advice on the next one. I really didn't get too aggressive on the rail, though I did want to accent it a little. I'm typically not a fan on very heavily/distinctly boned holsters (personally prefer a little softer/smoother look), but I do like to highlight a unique feature on a gun. I see what you mean though-- the gun seems to slide in and out easily, but blocking the rail is a good idea. Thanks again!

Tanner

Don't sell yourself short .--- that glock was a NICE looking holster, too!

In case "behind the gun" wasn't clear, I mean this....

post-13153-0-45840200-1453153871_thumb.j

Just so I understand, is this to draw the front edge of the holster in closer the body, so it doesn't "wing" out away from the body? If so, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

More stable -- less "wobbly" AND more strength.