lionscrest

Kickstarter Help?

Does anyone have any experience with kickstarter campaigns that could give advice as how to run a successful campaign.

N star leather, just out of interest, you seem to have a larger established company, it's definitely not your average one man hobby store, you're running. How come that you haven't done a kickstarter campaign? Certainly you would benefit and have the means to back up a larger order. More so than any one man production team. Have your tried and run into problems or are you just happy with your business as it is?

Hope you don't take any offense, I'm just interested to hear from the perspective from someone that is running a larger business.

Interesting to hear your answer. Everything you mention seems to be common sense, I guess that there are far more failed kickstarter campaigns than successful, even though it's in general the latter we and other see (and envy...) and it's better to wait until all the variables are covered, before attempting to do one. It would definitely be devastating if one couldn't keep up the time frame to manufacture after a potential successful campaign. I guess this is also the main reason why we see so many established brands doing successful campaigns as they have both the staff and investment to back it up. Business really is a 'bigger beast' in all the senses, as the turnover increases. Anyway, thanks for giving an insight from another perspective. Cheers.

Edited by ConradPark

Kickstarter is all marketing. If you have a good marketing plan and a way to bring your own traffic you will succeed. If you get staff pick and popular page you will do great. People are patient on Kickstarter some waited a year for a belt from one campaign and listened to all the reasons why it took so long. If I took a year to deliver product as simple as a belt I would be out of business.