As thanks for the help I received here. Whether actual or inadvertent, I have decided to give you folks the very first viewing of the very first wallet you helped me create.

Thank you one and all.

post-11406-0-66698900-1453479543_thumb.j

post-11406-0-89778800-1453479561_thumb.j

post-11406-0-62147700-1453479578_thumb.j

Edited by GrampaJoel

Nice, good job.

NICE JOB! all of my first projects turn out like crap. makes me wonder if I should do this or not.

NICE JOB! all of my first projects turn out like crap. makes me wonder if I should do this or not.

Don't give up.

Thank you! It was my first wallet,

But I have been making everything from cell phone cases to western saddles off and on since I was in high school.

I'm 66 now, so I have been doing this a long time, and my hands shake almost beyond control sometimes.

I'm not as good as I used to be, but I still produce items occasionally

This wallet was just a new experience for me is all. I just wanted to share it with those here that guided me in making it.

I'm glad you liked it.

Don't give up.

Thank you! It was my first wallet,

But I have been making everything from cell phone cases to western saddles off and on since I was in high school.

I'm 66 now, so I have been doing this a long time, and my hands shake almost beyond control sometimes.

I'm not as good as I used to be, but I still produce items occasionally

This wallet was just a new experience for me is all. I just wanted to share it with those here that guided me in making it.

I'm glad you liked it.

At 71, . . . still "having at it", . . . getting ready to do my first long wallet like this. Needed some "inspiration" on the pattern, . . . thank you my friend.

I've done other wallets, . . . just never got into the long ones, . . . sister has a "special friend" who needs one, . . . so here we go.

May God bless,

Dwight

At 71, . . . still "having at it", . . . getting ready to do my first long wallet like this. Needed some "inspiration" on the pattern, . . . thank you my friend.

I've done other wallets, . . . just never got into the long ones, . . . sister has a "special friend" who needs one, . . . so here we go.

May God bless,

Dwight

Hey Dwight.

The main problem I had was that I had to skive most of the leather down to almost 1mm to get it to work. With all the card slots, that is.

I have a nice cobra skiving machine, but it only does edges to around an inch or so.

Plus at the time, I couldn't find any leather in the 1 - 1 1/2 oz range and that didn't help matters.

But I worked it out and it came off ok. Not my best work, but I can now crank out a wallet like this in no time.

Of course I made six of them before I got it right. Damn costly wallet it was. But education should be so.

Good luck with your efforts if I can help just let me know.

Joel

Edited by GrampaJoel

I went out to start on my niece's belt tonight, . . . machine decided to throw a fit, . . . so I'm down now for the long count.

My Boss is a good machine when it is working, . . . when it decides to be a pain, . . . a red-headed, step-daughter, turned into a mother in law doesn't even begin to describe it.

Had to just come in the house and bake me a cherry pie to get my nerves unfrazzled.

We'll eat it tomorrow, . . . working on the Boss.

May God bless,

Dwight