Heddyberg

Need Someone To Adjust Singer Model 29 K 58 Patcher

I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA. I have a Singer Model 29 and for the life of me I can't get it adjusted correctly. It skips stitches and most of the time the bobbin thread just passes over the top of the bobbin and won't catch the top thread. I've cleaned it, replaced the shuttle case and various other small parts, adjusted the concentric screw for timing (a thousand times) and still can't get it right. I'm looking for someone that knows about the workings and adjustments for this machine and am willing to ship it. Any advice is welcome.

Heddyburg

Move the needle closer to the hook? Top screw above the needle clamp screw. Loosen and rotate the hook to the needle... push the needle clamp toward bobbin, needle eye barely away from hook (hook should be a bit above and in the needle scarf)

This is so you can adjust for larger diameter needles i.e. 16 vs 22.

Edited by Ole South

Move the needle closer to the hook? Top screw above the needle clamp screw. Loosen and rotate the hook to the needle... push the needle clamp toward bobbin, needle eye barely away from hook (hook should be a bit above and in the needle scarf)

This is so you can adjust for larger diameter needles i.e. 16 vs 22.

Thanks Ole South, I'll give it a try.

If you don't have a nice copy of the manual, here it is:

http://1stinfantrydivision.de/images/stories/PDF_Dateien//Instruction%20Manual%20Singer%2029K58,%2029K62,%2029K71.pdf

It is hosted by another user here, Constabulary.

Thank you TinkerTailor, I do have the manual and and have studied it and tried to make the adjustments but it's kind of vague so I did a lot of Interpalation!