krominix

First Bi Fold With The Fileteuse

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the Filetuese manuelle and here is my first project with it. Hermann Oak Natural Veg tan 4oz ext 2 oz interior. Sewn By hand with Fil Au Chinois Lin Cable at 9spi.

mWsumBn.jpg
g3SlRKp.jpg
A5GZYmP.jpg
HhaF3Xl.jpg
JRPJS7E.jpg

Looks great. Are you pleased with the results?

Nice work. I love my Fileteuse.

Edited by thefanninator

Looks well done!

Thank you!

Looks great. Are you pleased with the results?

I'm happy for my first go but would like to get around to where i dont have to do six coats of paint. There is def room for improvement

Nice work. I love my Fileteuse.

Any tips for a newb?

Any tips for a newb?

Your creases look pretty good.

If you want a deeper crease try and little more weight before turning up the heat.

Keep your temp low and test on scraps and bump it up slowly until you get it right.

Curves are harder to crease. I tip mine forward and go backward around curves.

What edge paint are you using? I've tried Fenice, Stahl, Fine Leatherworking and BuckleGuy. My favorite is Buckle Guy. I'm not sure who manufactures it but I suspect is Giardini because it's from Italy and not quite the same as Fenice. But just a guess.

Edited by thefanninator

If you want a deeper crease try and little more weight before turning up the heat.

Keep your temp low and test on scraps and bump it up slowly until you get it right.

What edge paint are you using? I've tried Fenice, Stahl, Fine Leatherworking and BuckleGuy. My favorite is Buckle Guy. I'm not sure who manufactures it but I suspect is Giardini because it's from Italy and not quite the same as Fenice. But just a guess.

Buckle Guy sells Fenice paint.

http://www.buckleguy.com/content/pdf/edge-paint-safety-sheet.pdf

This is Vernis 600

Ah thanks, that's good to know. Is there a different formula from the Tandy Pro Edge paint?

Ditch the Vernis, it's not really meant to give you the seamless rounded look which is why after 6 coats it's still not perfect

Fenice Plus...if you start with a perfect flush edge then 3 coats will do it 4 or 5 heat setting