I've been using the CB4500 for about a week but am having trouble with the stitch length adjustment. Unfortunately, this model doesn't come with a user manual and what I need hasn't been found in YouTube videos. What can I do? Any help would be appreciated.

About 2:10 in this video.

Art

Thank you very much, but the video doesn't get into detail about how to use the stitch length adjustment. If you or someone else could explain it to me, it would be appreciated.

There is a big thingy that looks like a gear shift lever on the front of the machine. The further the knob is down (from the middle position which is zero stitch length) the lever is placed, the longer the stitch in forward. The same lever, the further the knob is up (from the middle which is zero stitch length) the lever is placed, the longer the stitch in reverse. There is a kind of screw mechanism/clamp on the leaver to lock it in place.

Contact Bob Kovar at Toledo Industrial to get a manual.

When the lever is roughly centered, the stitch length is 0

The farther towards the bottom the lever is, the langer the stitch length. The numbers are a rought guide only.

Moving the lever above the center '0' mark puts the feed mechanizm into reverse

Dan

Thank you both for each of your suggestions, which I will try out. Thank you so much for your help.

By simply moving the lever from the down position to the up position, you can backstitch through the same holes. You probably know that by now, though.

29 minutes ago, Harrycho said:

By simply moving the lever from the down position to the up position, you can backstitch through the same holes. You probably know that by now, though.

Unless yours is one of the ones that requires washers to be installed to maybe make it in the same holes. Not to mention this thread is over a year old FYI. 

Edited by MADMAX22