It has a kind of retro vib to it, it's from a pattern from tandy, not the best thing i have done not the worse by far. Held together with kanagroo lace and a bit of waxed thread and that is it. really must find some patterns for purses!

post-54720-0-92840300-1454097346_thumb.j

post-54720-0-66212600-1454097373_thumb.j

woww not bad at alll

Thanks richard55 this thing is a pain to close though think time will fix that as the leather gets used.

Nice work on the stamping. See a few spots where you got off a bit but nothing major.

Use a sponge to apply some EVOO or neatsfoot oil to the inside of the flap, it will help soften it a bit.

And don't take this as a criticism against you because it's not but you can tell it's a tandy kit because of the size of the holes both for the lacing and especially the stitching, both of which make it hard to get things snugged up properly.

Actually not a kit i cut the pieces my self i have the plans for it lol. And I totally agree with you about every thing you said about the lacing and getting it all snugged up even pulling as hard as i could i still couldn't get it as snug as I would have liked...its why i used roo lace because you can put some heavy torque on it and it will not break. Dont have neatsfoot oil will have to get some thanks for the advive. Would aussie conditioner workor not?

Absolutely ! Aussie will work. --- Wild Bill46

Thanks WildBill46!!

I use oval hole punches when doing this type of lacing! It helps to flex and tug the two pieces of leather your joining and the lace to snug your stitching up.