aquinn1989

Best Way To Paint/ Stain Small Designs?

Hi guys i recently started making Firefighter Radio Straps but am having a difficult time making my stamping work look good. I will include a picture of some radio straps that look great to me and am curious the best way to get two tone color around the stamps and small designs? Do you think it is stained or painted with possible angelus paint?

25c2db3867cfa53ae831158efb7c0621

Looks like Angelus or another high quality acrylic paint.

I can only think of two ways that two tone was done.

1. paint the low spots and wipe away excess on the high spots with a wet sponge or cloth, then paint the letters.

2. That cat is real good with a paint brush.

The background/main color is probably dyed. The lettering and designs are painted. Dyes generally do not give the bright colors seen here, and white dye is essentially useless stuff. I've done similar work, and use small, good quality paintbrushes. Fine point sharpies can work for outlining if you can find the right color.

Take your time, and concentrate. It's not easy, but not necessarily as hard as you might think. Oh. Decaf coffee / soda is highly recommended.

Bill