Leatherneck76

Mathmatics Of Border Stamping

Does anyone have a formula for the curvature of a border stamp? what the minimum radius possible for a stamp based on the length of the bottom edge of the stamp? Does that formula hold true for the meander style stamps as well? I am trying to meander a border and am unable. I am attempting to figure the minimum radiuspost-61849-0-74963100-1454275435_thumb.jpost-61849-0-47998800-1454275445_thumb.j i can bend around using the double stamp ( same stamp just top and bottom of edging) Any help would be appreciated.

No trick of formula that I'm aware of. I just try and keep my radius of curvature much larger than the width of my stamp. If you bevel the line at the base of the border stamp it often hides any gaps between the base of the stamp and the line.

Thanks for the reply, been doing the "by eye" method but I have wanted to try the double meander line for awhile on a holster. I have no problem meeting them at a 90deg, but going around a curve I have not been able to keep it symetrical. Will keep trying, I was just wondering if anyone had a tried and true formula. Again thanks Bob