l2bravo

Consew 206-Rb5

So I am thinking I have my second machine narrowed down to this, as an addition to my CB3200.

I am looking at one that comes with a servo motor. To slow everything down, will I need to also get a reducer as well, or can I just dial my motor down?

Anything good or bad that anybody has to offer about this, would be welcomed, before I make a mistake would be welcomed. I am mostly wanting to sew 138 thread, and less than 10 Oz. leather. Thanks, Josh

Edited by l2bravo

IF you are happy with the 3200, and the service from those people, you might look at the 227R

That one uses the same thread sizes and in fact the same needle as the Consew

Edited by JLSleather

I have a Consew 206 rb-1 and it is a fantastic machine. It would be a great flatbed machine for the weight and size thread you listed. The 227 is basically the same machine but a cylinder arm. If you intend to sew things like purses and bags a lot, the cylinder arm is by far more versatile. If you are doing flat stuff, the flatbed would work great.

If I were to buy another machine like mine, I would make sure to buy one that had a reverse switch that locked into position ( I believe the rb-5s do). Mine is a lever that has to be held up while sewing in reverse which leaves you with one less hand.

Edited by Colt W Knight

The RB-5 has to be held down to reverse

Depending on the servo, you may not necessarily need a reducer as well. The main advantage, I suppose, is that it lets you slow way down without losing much, if any, torque.

The RB-5 has to be held down to reverse

that sucks. I wouldn't think a reverse switch would be so hard to incorporate.

The more I think about it, the more I question if a flatbed will work for me. The 227 may be what I need, seeing as how I do a lot of bags.

I've been pretty happy thus far. Have you heard otherwise JLS?

Edited by l2bravo

I aint heard nuthin. Jus sayin' if ya like the cowboy machine and service, and you want something in the thickness and thread range, the 227 might work for ya.

I don't own a cowboy machine, but seems like the folks what got em is happy with em.

I have a Techsew 2700 which is the same as a 227. Does a great job. Added a flat table adapter for doing flat work.

If you use 8 oz or thicker, or hard temper, you will want speed reducer pulleys to allow slow stitching and have the torque you want to punch through the leather.

Tom