EagleSmith

Looking for decorative snaps...

Don't know if it is what you are looking for but what I do is by a pack of Tandy Leather Factory line 24 snaps, then I buy a pack of their economy rope edge conchos. The conchos come in 3 sizes-5/8, 3/4 and 1". Then I use the conchos in place of the snap cap. ..........but what I do before I use them is to scuff the face with green scotchbrite, then dip then in some gun bluing. It will turn the whole concho a bluish black. Then rinse them off really well with clear water. Dry them and scotchbrite them again. The design stays black and the face is matte silver. Now you have your own homemade antiqued concho. I think they look pretty good.

You can also use just about any rivet back concho in place of the line 24 snap cap. It won't work with the smaller line 20 snaps as the setter won't fit down inside the snap to set the rivet.

I'll try to get a pic of what the concho looks like and post it later.

..............and welcome to the forum!!!

Tim

Here is the snap.

cellbordera.JPG

post-5218-1201449644_thumb.jpg

Edited by Timbo

Hide House South carries many different decorative snap caps as does Timco Corporation. www.hidehousesouth.com and www.timcocorporation.com

Hide House South carries many different decorative snap caps as does Timco Corporation. www.hidehousesouth.com and www.timcocorporation.com

I vouch for Timco as well. Excellent quality and customer service.