Tigdim

New Member In Wisconsin

Hello,

I am just getting interested in leather-work. I am here to do some research, learn and hopefully make some decent leather goods for myself, family, and friends. I am not looking to start a business.

I would eventually like to make some holsters, wallets and motorcycle saddle bags. I look forward to gaining the knowledge to make this happen.

Aaron

Well, Aaron, . . . you've probably come to THE best site on the internet for your stated purpose.

Most folks are pretty willing to help out, . . . share, . . . course there are some cantankery old coots on here too, . . . but just take them with a grain of salt, . . . their keyboard is worse than their bite.

Have to admit, . . . the WI was caught my attention, . . . spent many wonderful vacations in the Bonduel, Rhinelander, Shawano, Merrill, and Glidden areas.

Getcha some leather, . . . some tools, . . . and go for it.

Holler if you need any help.

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have friends with cabins in the Glidden area... spent some time up there fishing, hunting and snowmobiling.

I says you found leatherworker.net through 1911.com, are you on 1911forum as well? I am pretty sure I have seen your "Cactus" before.

Aaron

Dwight,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have friends with cabins in the Glidden area... spent some time up there fishing, hunting and snowmobiling.

I says you found leatherworker.net through 1911.com, are you on 1911forum as well? I am pretty sure I have seen your "Cactus" before.

Aaron

Yep, . . . that's my "Cactus". And while I'm still on the 1911 board, . . . forum, . . . just don't get there as much any more.

They say there's never a dull moment in the pastor's life, . . . and while that may not be 101% true, . . . it can be close.

I love the Glidden area, . . . some of the nicest folks I ever met in my life up there. My cousin had a house, . . . unfortunately it burned down, . . . and we used to go up there for deer season sometimes.

I'm not sure of the road, . . . thinking it was on 13, . . . there was a novelty shop, junk shop, flea market type store, . . . loved to stop there but had to be careful or I would buy the place out. They had stuff you NEVER saw anywhere else.

Anyway, . . . again, . . . welcome aboard.

What is your first project you want to do??

May God bless,

Dwight

Dwight,

I am going to see a friend of mine that just took his first Pastorate out in "upstate" New York. He is back in town showing a young couple around the college he attended. I think, He had a pretty good idea what he was getting into (since hegrew up as a missionary kid) but he admits it is still more than he expected at times.

I was thinking of starting with a Holster for my full size 1911. Looking to make a OWB, high ride with a strong cant... 20-25 deg... I have been looking at how to make patterns, cut the leather, burnish the edges, treat/dye, stitch, but the big hangup for me with the different options out there is what methods to use and what tools to buy... I am an engineer.... I over think everything...

Aaron

Used to live Baseball. Leatherunltd.com is a good resource