Possumbreath

Stitching Horse

I am looking for a stitching horse. I have a hand that is partially numb and need a device to hold leather securely. I am in New England, Vermont to be exact, so anyone in New England would be a bonus.

I saw the ebay listing, it is local pickup only. The listing on springfield is a stitching pony, I am hoping to find one like the one on eBay.

You can go to Weaver Leather Supply http://www.weaverleathersupply.com/Catalog/ItemContent.aspx?ItemNumber=8724&CatalogId=001&CatalogDetailId=51&NSM=Y

or contact Daniel Offerman @ flyby99@gmail.com for this model

I have one of Daniels horses and am very pleased with it.

Hope this helps.

rick

I have a stitching clam I'd let go for 60 plus shipping

I sent an email to Daniel Offerman. I need a stitching horse, not a clam or a pony. Recently had a cervical fusion and right hand still half numb (Harvesting honey from beehives using a non-OSHA approved, ergonomically challenged lifting method, best reserved for those who are 18-20 years old, not 55). So the more solid the better.

Thanks for the clam offer, I am worried that learning on it will get frustrating fast.

Old vintage or antique needing repair is fine. I am also in contact from a member in Iowa, we'll see how much shipping might be.

Check your regional craigslist. I think I saw one in "Antiques" or "Leather tools" in Mass. when I was up there at Christmas.

I did. There is a search tool called "Search Tempest" that will search the Craigslist listings for the entire United States. I have been checking it since December. Possible the one you saw was sold.

I found one in Vermont. Thank you all for your help. Member in West Central Florida made me think to put a wanted ad on Craigslist VT. Got a hit within a few hours. It needs a new strap,but otherwise in good shape. Been in a milking barn for awhile.

John