MrLentz

Dipping With Rtc Resist And Finish

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to dip leather into RTC Resist and Finish? If so, is there a good technique to get it to come out right?

Or is it better to just brush on with a wool dauber?

Thanks!

You could probably dip if you want to. I just use a damp sponge to put on my RTC Resist and it works fine.

I remember Bobby Rose saying that he dips most of his holsters in RTC. I think he diluted it 50% with water.

I Just tried it on a strap and looks like you have to wipe it down after dipping anyways to remove the excess or it will make a whitish area where maybe it too much sat on top. I am using it on latigo - so not sure if that affects how fast it sets in.

I am hoping it helps keep black latigo from rubbing off onto light material.

latigo is hot stuffed with oils so chances are a resist won't soak in the way it does on veg tanned. Probably would have gotten faster help by saying what you were trying to do instead of being vague about it

latigo is hot stuffed with oils so chances are a resist won't soak in the way it does on veg tanned. Probably would have gotten faster help by saying what you were trying to do instead of being vague about it

Well it does seem to soak in a little. But is there anything better to use on latigo to prevent the dye from rubbing off? After quite a bit of research on the forums Bee Natural RTC was the best option I was finding