Vinculus

Wtb: Junker & Ruh Sd28 Or Pedersen #308 Sole Stitcher [Eu]

Like the title says, I'm looking for a working Junker & Ruh SD28 or Pedersen #308 sole stitcher. Preferably in the EU, so shipping won't cost an arm and a leg and I won't have to deal with import duties.

I've seen a couple of nice ones on eBay recently, but they have been priced pretty high. When they do pop up locally, they usually go for €150-200, but the ones on eBay are like €700. I would prefer something closer to the former.

I do have a line to a guy who repairs these, so if there is something minor wrong with a machine you have for sale, I might still be interested.

I am located in Finland.

What I have seen is these sell for about half in Europe Ebay compared to US Ebay. I have never seen one that is functioning for under $500, usually way more. A lot does depend on the condition. Also needles are hard to find, make sure there is at least one with the machine.

Duly noted!

I actually just caved and bought this one. It comes with extra spools, needles and misc. accessories - and has been serviced, so it seemed like as good a purchase as any.

That is one of the cleanest ones I have seen. Must have been restored or at least repainted.

Yeah, google translate tells me it has been repainted two years ago and had a major overhaul in general. Hopefully that means it'll last me a very long time with my moderate use on a few pairs of shoes per month!

I should probably get a few more needles. There are only size 7 and 8s for sale on eBay currently. Do you (or anyone else) know if Henry Veerhoven still stocks needles for these?

Henry still had some size 5 needles when I ordered a few from him this past month.

Thanks, I got in touch with him. He still has sz. 5 needles. Even if I plan on mainly using the machine with thicker thread than what the sz. 5 needles can handle, I should probably get some. All sizes below 7 are becoming more and more scarce...