uberyk

First "real" Project - Simple Wallet

Hello all.

I typically make watch straps and little trinkets like that, key fobs, bag tags etc.

Bought a piece of horween chromepack on a whim and after some deliberation of what to do with it, decided to try and make a wallet for myself.

Results below, would love to hear any critiques/tips/suggestions for future endeavors.

I apologize for the awful desk diving pictures of the finished product, I didn't end up finishing until the wee hours of the morning and promptly went to bed without taking proper pictures.

Thank you.

Horween Chromepack 5/6oz outer, Horsefront 2oz inner, Havana Cigar Ritza Tiger thread in .6mm

4D6FA7C2-A7FF-4592-ADF8-E36453527A51_zps

3CBC3AE1-C6E7-4A16-B7D4-AE71FC0DE54C_zps

9046EB1D-2368-4020-A452-F6878B1B56D6_zps

256340A6-BE02-455A-90F2-5BF65EB5E6D8_zps

I like it...Nice work. I would consider to sand and radii the corners and re-burnish.

Looking real good!

Thanks for showing us.

I actually noticed the beveled edges right away, and thought it was a neat touch vs. the square and round options out there, so I'd say keep it that way if you like, or adopt the rounded look if you prefer it. The long stitch around the corner does stand out in a not so good way to me tho...otherwise, looks like it came out really nice!

YinTx

Really like the squared corner look.

In an ocean of round corner look-alikes, that stands out.

You just might have started a new trend.

Name it the "uberyk corner" style.

Congratulations!

thank you for the kind words folks.

re: the controversial corners, I was sitting there, taking measurements and figuring out which radius I wanted to go with for a rounded cut. Looked over at my japanese skiving knife, which has become one of my favorite tools, and decide to make straight cuts at angles.

Figured it would give a different, somewhat edgier vibe to the thing.

I am curious to see how the angled edges wear over time.

On the topic of burnishing, I'm realizing firsthand what people have said on this forum, Horween is awesome stuff for feel and aging, burnishing not so much.

The horsefront I've gotten decently glossy but the chromepack, forget about it.