vicond

V. Kondratenko From Ukraine

Hi gigi, myself I use a solvent base contact glue which is commonly used in the shoe repair trade for attaching soles. The edging is also very good for not separating apart. But I would still prefer the stitching for extra security and the band above was done as a prototype to arrive at the desired shape and structure.Here see some ostrich watches and bands I did a while back and they are folded edge. I would not dream of using this method without stitching.The face skin I had to split down to .3mm and the failure rate was pretty bad.

IMGP6836_resize.JPG

Thank you Brian: very helpful as always! I was wondering how can I make a lining for belts that does come off at the edges.

Do you not mean, a lining that does not come off at the edges? Sorry I am confused.

Right! Sorry, typing mistake: forgot the 'NOT' :). Here is a photo - the lining is glued and stitched, but I was wondering if this will hold in time: the edge does remain glued: (if it was better to fold the lining edges inside before sewing). 

1.jpg

Very nice looking work gigi. I have no worries with doing my belts without folded edges or stitching with the contact glue and the edging I use. I have to go get dinner or wife will kill me but see belt as I make over a 100 per week and have no problems with. The glue can be sprayed or through machine or brushed on as see pics.

DSC08032_resize.JPG

DSC08041_resize.JPG

DSC08070_resize.JPG

DSC08074_resize.JPG

DSC08052_resize.JPG

Amazing work and variety of skills.  Beautiful photography as well.

gigi, Polychloroprene glue, Desmokol glue. Depends on the situation.

Thank you very much for the useful information!

Strap to the Certina watch of cattle genuine leather with a distressed print "gold" crocodile (made in Spain). Sewing waxed thread, saddle stitch. strap length 75 \ 115 mm. Width 21 \ 18 mm.

~12K4cR0Lo.jpg ~9mYYBvYk.jpg ~9mYYBvYl.jpg ~9mYYBvYm.jpg ~9mYYBvYn.jpg ~9mYYBvYo.jpg ~9mYYBvYp.jpg

Strap for classic men's watches LONGINES made of alligator skin laterally with a characteristic pattern. The small round scales give its noble origin.

~Dbzb2VNF.jpg ~7WXfJ34B.jpg ~h2kGxVSJ.jpg

A perfect complement cardholders are calculated on a plastic card and a bank card.
Depending on the style of use of high-quality leather alligator gets its own unique patina, and will for a long time to give pleasure to its owner.

~Dbzb2VNH.jpg ~Dbzb2VNG.jpg ~Dbzb2VNI.jpg ~Dbzb2VNK.jpg

~uFoPMetC.jpg ~uFoPMetD.jpg ~uFoPMetB.jpg ~IRG4yI5c.jpg ~10bCiSiIp.jpg ~2yrTZlvR.jpg

design, manufacture hour from caiman strap for watches Baume et Mercier Classima Executives ...
I can not but mention beautiful (not the original) watch strap, which will have to make a substitution. Perhaps one of the most interesting and high-quality belts that have ever seen. As the padding used all the same caiman (sides). An interesting solution in the form of synthetic ribbons to hold the sliding ringlet-trenchika decided to repeat :)
A new strap will be from the cervical region (chin). The basis of hypoallergenic vegetable tanned leather with an element thickening.

~uFoPMetV.jpg ~uFoPMetW.jpg ~uFoPMetX.jpg ~uFoPMetY.jpg ~uFoPMetZ.jpg ~uFoPMeu0.jpg

~uFoPMetM.jpg ~uFoPMetO.jpg ~uFoPMetP.jpg ~uFoPMetQ.jpg ~uFoPMetT.jpg ~uFoPMetU.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, I'm only doing straps for watches, I love and periodically works with embossing (engraved).

My recent work on the bag. Design layout

~Myy9DV1q.jpg

Процесс
~Myy9DV1p.jpg ~Myy9DV1r.jpg ~Myy9DV1s.jpg ~Myy9DV1t.jpg ~Myy9DV1u.jpg ~Myy9DV1v.jpg ~Myy9DV1w.jpg ~Myy9DV1x.jpg

~Myy9DV1z.jpg ~Myy9DV1A.jpg ~Myy9DV1y.jpg ~Myy9DV1B.jpg ~Myy9DV1C.jpg ~Myy9DV1D.jpg

... Creative searches and experiments in the creation of wash bags for pipe and accessories ...

Prototyping, and the search for the best option braided leather cord.
Compartment filters. Braided leather cord. On one edge consumption cord 115 cm Clasp -. Neodymium magnet.
Neodymium magnets are built into the rear wall of the pockets. Lighter and cleaning tool primagnichivaetsya and will not fall out, hang out. There is no need for additional fastener.

~3YtCRLj8.jpg ~3YtCRLj9.jpg ~3YtCRLja.jpg ~3YtCRLjb.jpg ~3YtCRLjd.jpg

~3YtCRLje.jpg ~3YtCRLjf.jpg ~3YtCRLjg.jpg ~3YtCRLjh.jpg ~3YtCRLji.jpg ~3YtCRLjj.jpg ~3YtCRLjk.jpg

~3YtCRLjC.jpg ~3YtCRLjD.jpg ~3YtCRLjE.jpg ~3YtCRLjF.jpg ~3YtCRLjG.jpg ~3YtCRLjH.jpg ~3YtCRLjI.jpg ~3YtCRLjJ.jpg ~3YtCRLjK.jpg ~3YtCRLjL.jpg

Terrific work.  I much prefer the watch band that is a single band with the watch sitting on top like the black one several photos above.  They don't exert continuous stress on the pins.  Better for the active working man.  Pins last longer and don't get pulled out if you snag the watch strap.

Tom

.. Complicated and more interesting on the project of manufacturing the strap to the watch Adriatica ...
The most difficult to make a replacement rubber strap having complex forms of contiguity to the clock. It was decided to produce a polyurethane portion of the insert. The rest of the construction was made of leather. Base - leather vegetable tanned. Face layer - leather legs ostrich.

~zuH5XOXb.jpg ~12aR7iPQP.jpg ~12aR7iPQQ.jpg ~12aR7iPQU.jpg ~12aR7iPQS.jpg ~12aR7iPQT.jpg ~12aR7iPQR.jpg

Edge processing and selection of thread

~12aR7iPRf.jpg ~12aR7iPRe.jpg ~12aR7iPRd.jpg

finished work on the strap to the Adriatica watches leather ostrich legs. The final photo.

~12aR7iPRc.jpg ~12aR7iPRa.jpg ~12aR7iPR8.jpg ~12aR7iPR9.jpg ~12aR7iPR7.jpg

... The strap to the PANDORA hours of crocodile skin color with an interesting distressed gold ...
Used plastic insert for tight abutment to the clock. The basis of vegetable tanned leather. Hand sewing saddle stitch waxed thread.

~dlsBsIjS.jpg ~nzgdo0tW.jpg ~hBxM66qQ.jpg ~tfn6TND2.jpg ~tfn6TND3.jpg ~tfn6TND5.jpg ~tfn6TND4.jpg

Some excellent and complex work here

On 10/6/2016 at 11:12 PM, cjmt said:

Some excellent and complex work here

Thank you colleague.