vicond

V. Kondratenko From Ukraine

I love my job, and products made with my hands, reflect this. I have long appreciated the good things out of the skin. In August 2008 I started collecting vintage watches, the first period and the Second World War. Standard leather straps is not possible to use the clock in those years. Visiting local craftsmen making leather products, but not satisfied with your needs months studied sewing techniques and treatment of the skin at the well-known masters. In 2014, I bought a pair of shoe knives, glue, leather trim, made a number of unsuccessful attempts and finally got a result that would not be ashamed to wear and display.

Since then I began my fascination with leather.

Working head Various photographic services, we were prepared for their photobook customers. Customers are constantly asked personalized exclusive cover of expensive and high-quality materials like Inobili recognized and Cartotecnica firms. So in February 2014 I made ​​my first cover for photobooks from the skin. Two months later, I made ​​the first decorative
insert the front cover photo books in the technique of "hand-engraved leather."
As a keen watch, bookbinding and study features of work with the skin, these passions came together.

Over time, I created a web page with their works. www.tmvk.org

Actively sharing knowledge and experience on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/KondratenkoVictor
I would be delighted to hear criticism, advice and exchange of experience.
~17hKVgrOg.jpg

Few of my recent works.

In the watchband Zenith Defy Xtreme Chronograph. The original rubber strap has worn. The plans to make leather strap as much as possible similar to the rubber.
Production of oak inserts to further trim the skin, followed by embossing.

~PXOGWXHY.jpg ~2Q3rLpep.jpg ~YtZ2dFxO.jpg ~bmdN27Qa.jpg ~wn26qIZQ.jpg

Completed work on fitting the wooden parts. Leather vegetable tanned 4.5 mm thick neatly cut at the wooden parts and assembled on the glue. Take some of the skin in order to get a smooth gradient over the thickness of the strap. Embossing close to the original, clean cut. The inner part - horse leather. lining.
There is still a lot of work on the painting, and so on. Embossed.

~YtZ2dFyB.jpg ~YtZ2dFyA.jpg ~YtZ2dFyC.jpg ~9mYYBu5T.jpg ~jjb2KEaX.jpg

Project Time to strap Longines master collection.
Embossed crocodile tummy.

~QODkhbrj.jpg ~QODkhbri.jpg

... The final photos of the strap to the watch Longines master collection ...
Size (by lugs \ buckle on) 22 \ 18 mm, length 150 \ 95 mm.
Embossed crocodile pattern, painting, sewing saddle stitch by hand. The finished product is opened by means of a finishing based on acrylic.

~1709nujJQ.jpg ~1709nujJP.jpg ~1709nujJO.jpg

Couple watch straps. Custom Size (for butt \ on the buckle) 22 \ 18 mm, length 150 \ 95 mm.
Brown made from leather caiman (crocodile).
Black leather vegetable tanned. Handmade leather engraving pattern repeats ventral caiman.

~VVx8eO92.jpg ~tfn6THNG.jpg ~3GS55Ai0.jpg ~WMlLz5KI.jpg ~VVx8eO93.jpg

Edited by vicond

... Completed work on the set of straps to watches Union Glashütte ...
Width by 21 mm lugs hours. that there is a deviation from the usual standards. The length of the strap 115 \ 80 mm, taking into account the customer's wrist.
1. Black. The strap is made of genuine ostrich leather (ostrich paw).
2-3. black-and-white and blue of genuine cattle leather with crocodile print (made in Spain) ...

~u6bKdYMk.jpg ~u6bKdYMl.jpg ~u6bKdYMm.jpg

... Genuine leather strap with crocodile-embossed cattle (production of Spain) ...

~u6bKdYMp.jpg ~u6bKdYMo.jpg ~u6bKdYMn.jpg

Very nice work and happy to have your work displayed on the site.

God Bless.

Ray

Beautiful work! Welcome to the forum.

Thank you. I began to think that the work is not interesting.
Then I continue. :)
A little more work ...

Work on the hour to strap Raymond Weil Nabucco.

~3GS55DwG.jpg ~3GS55DwH.jpg

~3GS55DwF.jpg ~xvshx6iR.jpg ~l0OjpaXp.jpg ~T5tGtYek.jpg

~eLukldiJ.jpg ~eLukldiI.jpg ~eLukldiH.jpg

Victor, really nice work!

Please post your works on this forum!

Complete watch straps. Size 22 mm lugs \ 20mm buckle. Made of genuine leather. Sewing by hand saddle stitch.

~xdQJKWou.jpg ~Dbzb2NeM.jpg ~dUFH0NU2.jpg

jjb2KxiJ.jpg

All strap homazh hours (Cortebert).
Leather Horween Leather and horse leather lining, waxed linen thread.

CWdp7XUVqXXFcjxS78wQujL0dzyjkq1bHyu6pLH4OzmPj70nMUl7BlDRQcoOMz9c1dieMhbhFn4MymGXIrKkBDljHsPnu9D5P_I95NWm0VCC9jEkNcv_k_TX1Efv3EXg_2EMo8ROlv6DEttvMeE23LfcqkXtWDAxezv6jgAd3vXzyrGwELDbjNzfRT6TW2rp6PviMomHkMtKkRhBe7Itgs9894qdI3eD.jpg

35345345.jpg

121129889.jpg

345345.jpg

12313.jpg

CWdp7XUVqXXFcjxS78wQujL0dzyjkq1bHyu6pLH4

35345345.thumb.jpg.86a8338e7c4a549f5094e

121129889.jpg.a6d023e6aa80802657f795db37

345345.jpg.140e407f7ebd26a3041767bf0c162

12313.jpg.41f3f977e3dabad019e89f5dbce701

Edited by vicond

On 14/02/2016 at 6:28 AM, vicond said:

I love my job, and products made with my hands, reflect this. I have long appreciated the good things out of the skin. In August 2008 I started collecting vintage watches, the first period and the Second World War. Standard leather straps is not possible to use the clock in those years. Visiting local craftsmen making leather products, but not satisfied with your needs months studied sewing techniques and treatment of the skin at the well-known masters. In 2014, I bought a pair of shoe knives, glue, leather trim, made a number of unsuccessful attempts and finally got a result that would not be ashamed to wear and display.

Since then I began my fascination with leather.

Working head Various photographic services, we were prepared for their photobook customers. Customers are constantly asked personalized exclusive cover of expensive and high-quality materials like Inobili recognized and Cartotecnica firms. So in February 2014 I made my first cover for photobooks from the skin. Two months later, I made the first decorative
insert the front cover photo books in the technique of "hand-engraved leather."
As a keen watch, bookbinding and study features of work with the skin, these passions came together.

Over time, I created a web page with their works. www.tmvk.org

Actively sharing knowledge and experience on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/KondratenkoVictor
I would be delighted to hear criticism, advice and exchange of experience.

~17hKVgrOg.jpg

Never mind Victor you will get better... Ha Ha I'm not too sure how. Good to see someone else gets some interesting challenges with watch bands.I'll try and dig out some of my jobs and swap notes with you. Regards Brian

On 26.07.2016 at 2:34 PM, RockyAussie said:

Never mind Victor you will get better... Ha Ha I'm not too sure how. Good to see someone else gets some interesting challenges with watch bands.I'll try and dig out some of my jobs and swap notes with you. Regards Brian

My English is bad. My knowledge is limited to "google translate". :)
Meaning understood . Thank you.

... The strap to the female watches Raymond Weil Tango ...
The base and the inside of vegetable tanned leather. The strap is made of genuine crocodile skin (chin). Sewing by hand waxed thread saddle stitch.

~14a5VJsis.jpg ~14a5VJsir.jpg ~14a5VJsiq.jpg ~14a5VJsip.jpg

~14a5VJsil.jpg ~14a5VJsim.jpg ~14a5VJsin.jpg ~14a5VJsiu.jpg

Very good edging for colour white Victor. I do not normally take pictures as I go if at all but here are a couple. One is done for a prototype watch and this was the first leather band I did before the crocodile ones. The other is just black croc with thick inner padding.

oroswiss_whitedial4.jpg

oroswiss_whitedial_back.jpg

IMGP8367_resize.JPG

IMGP8371_resize.JPG

wow: amazing work both of you! What kind of glue /glueing method do you guys use? noticed the lining is not always sewn.