cleanview

Wondering About The Fit

14 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Agreed ;)  People were making quality leather long before I was born, and likely will continue after I'm gone.

Just so I've said it, when I referred to "name dropping", I wasn't referring to you.  But, I'm not intending any offense or taking any.  Nothing on this site worth all that anyway.

I do / did try to be of some use to the 'new guy', but honestly I don't gain or lose anything by doing it, or feel the obligation to do it.

I realize you were referring to me JLS.  The only reason I name dropped was because it was pointed out that Sam Andrews does flat back holsters like somehow he is the only holstermaker out there so that must be the correct way.  I was simply pointing out that there are more holster makers that make the 50/50 holster, and that if it was such a flawed design those maker's wouldn't be where they are today.

12 hours ago, JimTimber said:

I guess I value my hours more than you do.  I paid $12 for all the sewing on that rig.  First holster ever.  Think about that and then shove your smug attitude up your rear.  What you can't seem to grasp is that I never mentioned you, your work, anything - hell, I didn't even know you existed before you started coming after me because I have an unfavorable opinion about the design attributes about something you seem to take great pride in making.

You can build a Yugo with Swiss precision and you're still left with a Yugo.

For someone that just joined a month ago you could use a bit of manners.  I love this forum because it doesn't typically have name calling and attitudes during a discussion.  Josh Ashman has been a member here a long time and has contributed a lot.  Respect goes a long way.

1 minute ago, usmc0341 said:

I realize you were referring to me JLS.  

Not true. Actually I was referring to that whole zoo that occurred on teh first page of this thread.

2 minutes ago, usmc0341 said:

there are more holster makers that make the 50/50 holster, and that if it was such a flawed design those maker's wouldn't be where they are today.

This isn't true, either.  That's what I was talking about the pet rock -- because something SOLD does not make it GOOD.  Unlike what you hear, actually 6 million people CAN be wrong ;)

So, to be clear here.. I don't care what holster a guy makes, or even IF a guy makes them. I'm only replying here to let you know that what I said did not refer to you.

I suppose I could list some patterns for sale NOT 50/50, but it does seem like there should be a charge for being the only one doing that.  Gotta wonder if there would even be a market for that -- if people complain about the cost of a blue gun, maybe they aren't interested in that, either. :dunno:

Well, maybe just won't worry about it, since it's far from the original posts in this thread :o