leatheroo

Derryn the head comes out of the closet

Derryn the head shows his true colors as he models my new mask. I think he is pretty in pink.

DSCF0273.JPGpink1.jpg

post-4514-1201422473_thumb.jpg

post-4514-1201422594_thumb.jpg

I always love seeing your work. B-E-A-U-tee-fullll...

Keep em coming

The head kinda freaks me out though.

KK

Edited by Kevin King

I always love seeing your work. B-E-A-U-tee-fullll...

Keep em coming

The head kinda freaks me out though.

KK

i am trying to get hold of a female head, maybe it wont be so freaky!

Kevin you are right. Beautiful masks. Darryn freaks me the F#@$ OUT!!! :drum:

DARRYN STOP STARING AT ME!!!!!

i am trying to get hold of a female head

Well if you find one let me know. I'm looking for the same thing....um..oh...wait, nevermind.

KK

Ah, so Darryn's a tranny. No biggie. He should shave if he's gonna wear pink though... Maybe then s/he wouldn't freak us out so much...

Brent

Well if you find one let me know. I'm looking for the same thing....um..oh...wait, nevermind.

KK

Yeah.... well..... what can ya do.....?

Very nice Roo, are you using an airbrush to color your masks with?

Ken

Very nice Roo, are you using an airbrush to color your masks with?

Ken

hi beav, yep, i love my airbrush for masks. at first i was using a brush but was very unhappy with the results. the airbrush is the way to go. i have just bought a new paasche from ebay and cant wait to try it out. should be able to get some improved shading and detail as it will have a much small spray area than the one i am using now(cheapo). i have also started using the airbrush on the quivers and am pleased with the improved results. the leather dyes spray really nicely.

I'd be interested in knowing if this type mask is totally for display or if people actually wear them? If so, how do you put a strap or other retainer on?

Great work!

Yes, if you can find a prettier model, they would display better. Until you find that female mannequin, maybe you could do a self portrait? :)

Been fun to watch your work evolve over the last few months, roo...I agree, your airbrush works wonderfully on your masks...can't wait to see next...

--Phil

I'd be interested in knowing if this type mask is totally for display or if people actually wear them? If so, how do you put a strap or other retainer on?

Great work!

Yes, if you can find a prettier model, they would display better. Until you find that female mannequin, maybe you could do a self portrait? :)

hi mike, yes people do wear them...fancy dress masquerades balls etc...there is a double strand of thin elastic to hold them on...i sell them on ebay but i dont use 'Derryn", for display photo, i use a plain white sheet draped over him...derryn is the head i use for molding the mask

cheers

Hi,

Great looking mask you got there.

I'm wondering how you stiffen the leather and still have the colours come out so nicely. I've been dabbling a bit with mask making and tried to harden them with wax, however that changes the colours quite a bit. When I try thicker leather however I find it a problem to mold all the shapes into the mask that I want. Do you have some suggestions for me to toy around with?

Best regards,

Harma

That mask turned out really nice. Thanks for sharing