Youri

Hun-Turanic Ornamented Archery Arm Guard

Soo, this is my first arm guard. I made this for my gf birthday:)
I did a little research, to know better our ornament culture, and thats happaned in the end.

The full armor is on the way!

DSCN0563

DSCN0570

DSCN0567

DSCN0564

DSCN0566

DSCN0571

DSCN0573

DSCN0576

Wow...I love it!

That is awesome looking! How hard it is to tie off the rope though?

Thanks for your comments!

That is awesome looking! How hard it is to tie off the rope though?

Its not a problem. But like every authentic scythian, hun, hungarian/magyar armor, need an assistant to take on and off. That holds a deeper tradition, before war. (You can count on someone ect. :) )
You can manage yourself to take on and off, but its a way tricckier. :D

Hey! I have those same arrows! LOL

Doesn't look like enough knuckle protection from the fletches. I have a similar design and I get cut. I no longer wear it.

Where do you get cut? At the forefinger? Usually we use the bow without any protection, and we dont get cut. Do you have plastic feather?

Hey! I have those same arrows! LOL

:D The world is too little. btw same colors or "Szalóky"-arrows?

:D The world is too little. btw same colors or "Szalóky"-arrows?

Both! At least, it looks like you have the red and black fletching like mine. Szalóky has a store here in the United States on the West Coast so I was able to order some via mail. Everyone is impressed with them, and I love that they have a bodkin type arrowhead on the ones I have, they get a lot of looks (and tend to come out of the target easier)

Both! At least, it looks like you have the red and black fletching like mine. Szalóky has a store here in the United States on the West Coast so I was able to order some via mail. Everyone is impressed with them, and I love that they have a bodkin type arrowhead on the ones I have, they get a lot of looks (and tend to come out of the target easier)

Wow, thats a news! A didn't know that he has other stores/merchandise around the globe. I know him personally but he never said.

Yes mine arrows has red and black feathers too! We use V+ arrows, and they are very durable. Once we (accidentally:D) shoot through a double window and theres no damage on it..

He also makes bows too. If you can try them, don't miss your chance! :)

Wow, thats a news! A didn't know that he has other stores/merchandise around the globe. I know him personally but he never said.

Yes mine arrows has red and black feathers too! We use V+ arrows, and they are very durable. Once we (accidentally:D) shoot through a double window and theres no damage on it..

He also makes bows too. If you can try them, don't miss your chance! :)

I'd LOVE to get my hands on (another) bow, but my bow spending has to be delayed a bit longer after the Grozer bow I bought last year. I'm unfamiliar with that kind of arrowhead, would you mind posting a pic? Might want to change this conversation to messages so we don't clutter up the board with archery talk. ;)

Where do you get cut? At the forefinger? Usually we use the bow without any protection, and we dont get cut. Do you have plastic feather?

My index finger knuckle kept getting scored. I use all feather fletching. Even my shooting glove shows scraping by the fletches. I bought a bracer of this design and had to add leather to close up the thumb hole a bit and will be adding a leather tab to protect my knuckle.

Edited by A Finch

Gyönyörű lett, gratulálok! :) Nagyon jó színösszeállítás!

Its beautiful, the color is great too! :)

Gyönyörű lett, gratulálok! :) Nagyon jó színösszeállítás!

Its beautiful, the color is great too! :)

Köszönöm szépen! Örülök, hogy tetszik. Többeket megfogott az ornamentika, mint hittem. :)

Thank you! I'm glat you like it!