catsmith

Need Ideas For A Period Correct Holster Please.

I received my Grandmother's Smith and Wesson 38/44 Heavy Duty from my Father. I want to build a holster for it but am having a hard time finding a pic of a period correct one from the 50s. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of what is my favorite sidearm.

post-69993-0-17922600-1455575647_thumb.j

For something like that, I'd think a Threeperson's style holster'd be appropriate.

This is about all I ever saw as a kid growing up, . . . in the '50s, . . . except for those the police carried, . . . and many times they were very, very similar but were black.

This is a Heiser holster, . . . and was laced around the outside edge, . . . the ones I saw were all sewn along the edge.

May God bless,

Dwight

This is about all I ever saw as a kid growing up, . . . in the '50s, . . . except for those the police carried, . . . and many times they were very, very similar but were black.

This is a Heiser holster, . . . and was laced around the outside edge, . . . the ones I saw were all sewn along the edge.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-65403000-1455583920_thumb.jp

I would think a half or full flap holster would be the ticket.

Check out the Bill Jordan Border Patrol style holster. Made famous by Bill Jordan himself and would look perfect with that old S&W. A Tom Threeperson's holster would look great too but my vote would be for the border patrol.

Stu

Thank you all for the ideas. I'm going to start a new post with the result. There may be a few by the time I get done.