Possumbreath

Stitching Horses For Sale

I went on hunt this weekend. I picked up a couple of stitching horses. One in Quebec and one in Vermont. If there is any interest, let me know. I can get better photos if needed.

post-69403-0-24115600-1455586894_thumb.j

post-69403-0-25000200-1455586898_thumb.j

Does the 2nd one have a swivel seat? If so, very cool! I also like the cat in the first pic. My cats are very interested when I'm working on leather.

price?

No. It is not a swivel seat Tugadude, it is fixed.

Mike Kratz- I will post better photos tonight. I am thinking $100.00 for the darker one. $125.00 for the one with the round seat. The one with the round seat needs to be have the legs re-glued. I was going to do that, but then thought the better of it because it will make it easier to ship. Both prices do not include shipping. I am decent with a camera and will take the best photos I can to document each of them, so you can make a better educated decision. The price difference reflects the difference between what I paid for them. I obtained the darker one for less from some nice folks in VT.

I am going to check with Greyhound. Back in the day, you could ship items through them for a great deal less than traditional methods. If you want to check traditional shipping, I would be sending them from Burlington VT, zip code 05401.

I am probably traveling to Boston in early March and could ship from there which might be a bit less expensive. I came across five of these in two days, in Quebec and Northern NY. I was surprised, I did not think I would find any.

The first horse, from Grand Isle Vermont, is intact and solid with respect to the wood. The prior owners told me it was in the attic in a house they lived in. They had to remove the contents of the house when they moved. It is missing a spring and needs the strap replaced or stitched. $100.00 plus shipping.

post-69403-0-10747700-1455669437_thumb.j

post-69403-0-92235300-1455669456_thumb.j

post-69403-0-15520800-1455669480_thumb.j

post-69403-0-21667100-1455669500_thumb.j

Edited by Possumbreath

Horse #2 is from the Province of Quebec, obtained in Bromont, Quebec. The horse came from a barn somewhere in the Eastern Townships. That is all the information I could get. The legs need to be re-glued.They are in three sections. All male ends are solid except for one. I took a photo of the one male end that needs surgery and one that is typical of the rest. Despite the description, I do not expect the surgery to be painful. The rest of the wood is solid, not punk anywhere I could find. $125.00 plus shipping.

I just reviewed the photos, sorry for the blur. Just had cataract surgery, need to adjust the viewfinder.

Greyhound does still do shipping. Last time I used them was quite awhile ago, but I still think they are a lot cheaper than traditional services like UPS Fedex and USPS.

Greyhound Shipping

Sample Quotes from Greyhound- All quotes were for 25 pounds, longest dimension 36 inches. Declared value up to $100.00 is included, above that the price goes up a bit.

Total: $54.15

Schedule Information

Standard shipments travel Space Available. Please see our estimated arrival times for more information.

Shipment Information

Origin: BURLINGTON, VT Destination: ST LOUIS, MO Payment Method: Prepaid Service Type: Standard Nbr. of Pieces: 1 Total Weight: 25 pounds Declared Value: $75.00

Schedule Information

Standard shipments travel Space Available. Please see our estimated arrival times for more information.

Shipment Information

Origin: BURLINGTON, VT Destination: ST LOUIS, MO Payment Method: Prepaid Service Type: Standard Nbr. of Pieces: 1 Total Weight: 25 pounds Declared Value: Not Given

Quote Information

Schedule Information

Shipment Information

Origin: BURLINGTON, VT Destination: SACRAMENTO, CA Payment Method: Prepaid Service Type: Standard Nbr. of Pieces: 1 Total Weight: 25 pounds Declared Value: Not Given

Schedule Information

Shipment Information

Origin: Burlington, VT Destination: Tallahassee, FL Payment Method: Prepaid Service Type: Standard Nbr. of Pieces: 1 Total Weight: 25 pounds Declared Value: Not Given

post-69403-0-19075700-1455670490_thumb.j

post-69403-0-26684000-1455670504_thumb.j

post-69403-0-97222900-1455670518_thumb.j

post-69403-0-68320300-1455670533_thumb.j

post-69403-0-44802500-1455670542_thumb.j

Edited by Possumbreath

If anyone has interest, don't be shy about making an offer. Better a fast nickel than a slow quarter.

Ok,

I must have missed them.  Where are the pictures.  I am interested.

Thanks,

Slickshot

Slickshot,

Send me your private email and I will send you all the photos of the three stitching horses I have for sale. Different views of each. Here are three single views of each. The first is solid and has a small drawer. The belt will need replacement. I am 5'6" and this one is a very comfortable height, allowing my feet to rest on the floor comfortably.

The second on, with the piano stool top is disassembled.  One cross piece has an end that is chipped where it enters the hole in the leg. I took it to my local woodworking friend and he told me that he would glue it and it would be solid. I have detailed pictures of all three. This one would be easiest to ship. The stool seat is fixed. Belt would need to be replaced.

The third is in the next post, apparently the file size was too large.See next post.

John

Stitching Horse w Drawer.jpg

quebec A.jpg

56f7efb371d5d_StitchingHorsewDrawer.thum

56f7efde2da2f_quebecA.thumb.jpg.540a5903

Edited by Possumbreath
Description added

This is the third horse I have currently. It came from an attic on the islands, Grand Isle/South Hero Vt. I do not know much more about where it came from. This horse has jaws fixed at a 45 degree angle. Belt needs replacement. Wood is solid. It does not have cross members on the legs, but each leg runs right up to flush in the seat. It appears that the angle could be changed simply be talking the brackets off and repositioning. Depending on the angle preferred, the current brackets may need to be modified or replaced.

For more detailed pictures of all three or one in particular, send me your private email and I will get them off to you today. I have to do some painting and a few other projects, so it will be tonight before I can get pictures off to you.

John

Burlington Horse-4.jpg

56f7f2ab894e6_BurlingtonHorse-4.thumb.jp