mjcodina

Reproduction Western Buckle 30's-40's (Trying To Find)

I've been doing reproduction western dress/novelty belts for some time and have found some sources for some of the buckles from the era but one design still eludes me, this 1 3/4"square clipped corner buckle, the one in the first two pictures. I know that there are reproduction buckles made out there but can't for the life of me find anyone who makes them. They come in mainly single prong but also double prong. I was wondering if anyone knew of who makes them or has any leads on where I might find them. Im doing a run of these belts for a denim company and i would love to find these. Thanks

post-42096-0-48856200-1455645887_thumb.p

post-42096-0-57776300-1455645902_thumb.p

post-42096-0-39516500-1455646106_thumb.j

post-42096-0-84669300-1455646112_thumb.j

Don't know where to get that exact buckle, however there may be something you like on this site if you have not seen it already:

Tandy has a similar clipped corner buckle.

http://www.brettunsvillage.com/leather/parts/buckles.htm

Smokey Sumi's Store is my best bet on getting you close.

http://smoky-sumis-store.biz/index.html

Yeah I've been getting them from there for a little while already thanks! Just looking for that square buckle

Edited by mjcodina

If your wanting jewels on yours, like the first pic you could drill out the holes for the prongs and cover up the Hopi Swastika as found on Smoky's buckle. Surely they're all made at the same factory, the first and second you posted, have you asked Smoky to try and source them. Good luck.

post-62720-0-30964100-1456821426_thumb.j

I've been doing jewels for my current run of em on the oval buckles for the past couple weeks. I talked to Smoky last week about it all too shortly after posting this haha. Thanks for all the help John. What kind of stuff are you working with off of his store?

I'm a month away from my first order from there, working thru my stash of NOS buckles on hand, It will be two 12 lots of buckles and some anchors so far. I'm flying back to the States soon and have 5 sides of leather, spots, tools and a lots more to bring back to Greece with me.